Player Development

Maximum-Football 2.0 is the latest and greatest release from the acclaimed sports management video game studio, Wintervalley Software. Bringing a whole host of new features like full Xbox 360 controller support, full DirectX 9.0 utilization, and scores of other upgrades and improvements, Maximum-Football 2.0 delivers on gameplay and fun like a bullet pass through double coverage. Like its predecessor, Maximum-Football 2.0 allows players to experience the thrill of managing a team in any league!

Moderator: David Winter

hack153

Player Development

Post by hack153 »

Anyway to make it not so extreme?
UPFL is in the off season...
United Premier Football League
Marauders

RE: Player Development

Post by Marauders »

hack153 asked: Anyway to make it not so extreme?

Lenny, please be a bit more specific.

I am not certain what your reference to extreme is.
hack153

Post by hack153 »

as in players advancing 4-7 skill attribute points during training camp.  that's way too much.

i figured out how to stop this.  i only use up to 5 training camp points in certain area for certain players.  the rest of the points i put in KST, KAC, and COV.  then i use JD's editor to reduce KST, KAC, and COV.  this stops the extreme development.
Mykal

Post by Mykal »

Surely though, that would only work if your controlling all the teams in your league

what if....... lets say its my 48 Team Canadian league or the dreaded whole NCAA
then what ?
micvik

Post by micvik »

You can use the default training camp values table in the maindata db. I've set up my league so that players don't increase in speed. The only training camp attribute I allocate high percentage points to is intelligence. It makes the game more realistic because you don't have to drastically adjust constants after 5 years because players are dramatically improved. Its also more realistic because in pro football you find out quite quickly how good players are at most positions, you don't really have late bloomers at RB,LB or WR (unless they are sitting on the bench behind a veteran players). The only position that is an exception to that rule is QB.
hack153

Post by hack153 »

48 league team!  damn!  i guess that would take a long time to adjust. 

Mykal

Post by Mykal »

ORIGINAL: micvik

You can use the default training camp values table in the maindata db. I've set up my league so that players don't increase in speed. The only training camp attribute I allocate high percentage points to is intelligence. It makes the game more realistic because you don't have to drastically adjust constants after 5 years because players are dramatically improved. Its also more realistic because in pro football you find out quite quickly how good players are at most positions, you don't really have late bloomers at RB,LB or WR (unless they are sitting on the bench behind a veteran players). The only position that is an exception to that rule is QB.

Right, Gotcha........ and of course, what was I thinking [&:]
DreamTeams

Post by DreamTeams »

micvic, is it possible you could list your numbers from camp values in your main.dat file? I'd like to take look at them and perhaps adopt the same approach to my league.
Marauders

Post by Marauders »

Hack stated: as in players advancing 4-7 skill attribute points during training camp.  That's way too much.

The way training camp is done in Maximum Football is very similar to how it was done in FBPro.  If the code is done the same way, players will progress much more slowly as their actual skill attributes get closer to their potential skill attributes.
micvik stated: You can use the default training camp values table in the maindata db. I've set up my league so that players don't increase in speed. The only training camp attribute I allocate high percentage points to is intelligence.

Many FBPro leagues had minimums for each area to keep things balanced.
Its also more realistic because in pro football you find out quite quickly how good players are at most positions, you don't really have late bloomers at RB,LB or WR (unless they are sitting on the bench behind a veteran players).

The general rule of thumb is that wide receivers not named Randy Moss and linebackers not named Brian Urlacher break out closer to their third season in the NFL.  Some players, like Jerry Rice, can do it in their second year, but just as many bust or slump.  Michael Irvin didn't break out until his fouth season.  Cris Carter didn't break out until his fifth year and didn't make the Pro Bowl until his seventh.  Even Randy Moss had Cris Carter and Jake Reed to play behind and learn from.  Michael Irvin didn't break out until his fouth season.

Running backs can do well early, but their blocking skills generally are not up to scratch.  Adrian Peterson gets it done on the ground, but he is a liability to the passing game and often gets a sideline view on third down and long.

Return to “Maximum-Football 2.0”