Importing Historical Roster Info: How Do I?

A section for those creating 3rd party tools and add ons. Lots of techincal code creation type questions would go here.

Moderator: David Winter

Waldo_slith

Importing Historical Roster Info: How Do I?

Post by Waldo_slith »

Inputting individual player info is very tedious.

The website Pro football.com has all of the roster info (except uniform nos) needed to make FBMax historical rosters and that info can be displayed in csv or pre format.

Is there a way to save that info so that one could cut and paste whole columns of info (for ex. last names) into halftrack's exported league file, thus saving time.

Thanks

waldo
leeman67

RE: Importing Historical Roster Info: How Do I?

Post by leeman67 »

Waldo, that's exactly how you do it.  Create the teams you want in MaxFB (just the team names themselves, don't worry about the rosters/unis yet).  Exit the game, and then export the .csv roster file using JD's editor.  If you play Madden (or even if you don't), get Nza's editor from football-freaks.com along w/ any of the many historic rosters available at that site (Muscle Mike's are the most accurate, except for his skill ratings).  Load the Madden roster of choice into Nza's editor and use it to export that .csv file.  From there, you can copy/paste from one .csv file to the other the basic info before you import the original .csv back into MaxFB using JD's editor again.  Ratings are another matter.  Generally, ratings like Speed and Strength mean the same thing in both games, but there are other skill ratings that may need adjusted for compatibility w/ MaxFB.  It's trial and error at that point.  Good luck.

Leeman67 
Waldo_slith

RE: Importing Historical Roster Info: How Do I?

Post by Waldo_slith »

Leeman,

Thanks for your advice.

waldo

Return to “3rd Party Developers Area”