Fuel Prices at the pump

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

JudgeDredd

Fuel Prices at the pump

Post by JudgeDredd »

Just wondering what the US is paying for fuel at the pumps now?

It's about £0.90 a litre in the UK

At 3.78 litres to a US gallon and $1.47 to £0.90 that would be $5.56 a gallon in the UK.

Only spurred me on to write it 'cos the program just on were showing that in Dubia you'd be paying £1 a gallon!! I guessed that's because the West takes the burden of funding their profits.

I know that's a simplistic view and not representative of regional economic situations...just pisses me off when I'm standing at the pump!
Alba gu' brath
Hornblower

RE: Fuel Prices at the pump

Post by Hornblower »

its 1.57 (USD) outside of chicago.
Arsan

Post by Arsan »

No doubt petrol is MUCH MORE cheaper on the USA than on the UE.
But Taxes are also very important.
Here in Spain taxes represent around 65% of the price of a gas litre. I bet in UK you pay as much or even more. [:(]
Not sure how much they pay in the USA.
Right now here its pretty reasonable: around 0,80-0,85 euro cents/litre of 95 gas.
This last summer it was usual to pay more than 1,25 euro cent/litre! [X(]
Regards
knilli

Post by knilli »

91.9 - 94.9 Aussie Cents per liter unleaded (for ACT)

diesel and premium more
sterckxe

Post by sterckxe »

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd
I guessed that's because the West takes the burden of funding their profits.

Nope, that's because your (and my) government is taxing the base price to triple what it should/could be.

<edit>
For those who think "tripling" the price by taxing is hyperbole :

Price of gaz/liter in january 2006

Base product (refined) : 0.344/liter
Oil Company Margins (transport, wages, profit, ...) : 0.147/liter

Which gives us an un-taxed price of 0.491/liter

Taxes : 0.819/liter

Price at the pump : 1.310 per liter

That's almost triple the base price + profit margin
</edit>

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
Phatguy

Post by Phatguy »

$1.89 in Buffalo..Yeah we get screwed..They say we are at the end of the supply line..pfft!! It's just about only having one major supplier..One huge monopoly..They are pissed that they cant charge 4.40 per gallon any more....
My life is complete. 1000 Matrix posts.....
Joram

Post by Joram »

State taxes vary but the US has on average about 45 cents of tax added on top of base price.&nbsp; It was around $1.79/gal in AZ when I was home for Christmas which would put it at right about the same as the Dubai price before taxes are added on.
&nbsp;
Will point out though that this has gone down significantly in just the last half of the year, indeed, the last few months of it.&nbsp; At the end of summer I was still paying near $3.00 a gallon and indeed was near $4.00 earlier in the summer at times!
&nbsp;
Price of a barrel of oil collapsing has a lot to do with it of course.&nbsp; Will let the economic majors discuss that one...
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Looking to get one last thread locked before the new year, JD?[:D]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Joram

Post by Joram »

Hehe yeah, this has great potential to degenerate to a political discussion.&nbsp; I had to bite my tongue myself.&nbsp; :)
Grell

Post by Grell »

I don't drive myself anymore but my wife told me that gas was at it's cheapest here, in Burlington Ontario.

Regards,

Grell
sol_invictus

Post by sol_invictus »

I paid $1.44 last week here in Kentucky after using my Kroger 10 cent discount. I was so happy. I never thought I would see gas prices under $2.00 again in my lifetime. I do expect it to go back up a little this summer; assuming the world economy doesn't continue to slide into the muck.
"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero
06 Maestro

Post by 06 Maestro »

In Nevada we have prices of approx 1.70 to 1.90 depending on grade. Diesel has been stuck at 2.29 for a month which is too bad as that is what I use. This is about a 60% drop in price from a few months ago.

I'm afraid that fuel taxes will be going up in the USA soon. Utopia (and the bus) awaits me.
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

In Poland prices dropped from over&nbsp;4,60 PLN&nbsp;to around 3,40-3,50 PLN&nbsp;per liter.
&nbsp;
Today exchange rate is 1$ for 2,95 PLN so it means we are paying around 4,20$ per gallon, so US guys, don't tell me that your fuel is expensive.
(average monthly&nbsp;salary in Poland is around 3500 PLN which means you can buy around 280 gallons of fuel for your monthly wage)
&nbsp;
Prince of Eckmühl

Post by Prince of Eckmühl »

$1.39.9 in Leander, TX.

PoE (aka ivanmoe)
Government is the opiate of the masses.
2ndACR

Post by 2ndACR »

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

In Poland prices dropped from over 4,60 PLN to around 3,40-3,50 PLN per liter.

Today exchange rate is 1$ for 2,95 PLN so it means we are paying around 4,20$ per gallon, so US guys, don't tell me that your fuel is expensive.
(average monthly salary in Poland is around 3500 PLN which means you can buy around 280 gallons of fuel for your monthly wage)

Well, I paid 1.41 USD per gallon in Irving, Tx today.........3500 per month average salary? Must be nice.......average in US is around 2800 per month before taxes clobber you.......bring home is about 2000.00.........then you have to account for our drive.

You can easily spend 2-4 hours per day in your car driving to and from work. People forget how big the US actually is.........from Garland to say Haslet Texas is an easy 1 hour drive at 70mph........that is just one side of DFW metroplex to the other. If there is no traffic at all...........yeah right.

sol_invictus

Post by sol_invictus »

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

In Poland prices dropped from over 4,60 PLN to around 3,40-3,50 PLN per liter.

(average monthly salary in Poland is around 3500 PLN which means you can buy around 280 gallons of fuel for your monthly wage)

Well yeah, but cheap gas is a God given American right.[;)]
"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Well, I paid 1.41 USD per gallon in Irving, Tx today.........3500 per month average salary? Must be nice.......average in US is around 2800 per month before taxes clobber you.......bring home is about 2000.00.........then you have to account for our drive.

You can easily spend 2-4 hours per day in your car driving to and from work. People forget how big the US actually is.........from Garland to say Haslet Texas is an easy 1 hour drive at 70mph........that is just one side of DFW metroplex to the other. If there is no traffic at all...........yeah right.

but it's 3500 but not dollars only polish zloty so it's aroun 1200 dollars, AFAIK average salary in US is about 3200 dollars.

In Poland we spent a lot of time travelling to work. Plenty of people from &#321;ód&#378; works in Warsaw. Also many people from Madrid works in Barcelona.

US are big but you not often you are working in LA and living in NY. ;-)
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Looking to get one last thread locked before the new year, JD?[:D]
Not at all T. I can't be responsible or what others write...only what I write. [:'(]
Alba gu' brath
panzers

Post by panzers »

Assuming that it takes approx. 5 liters to a U.S. gallon. it is approx. 31 cents USD a liter here in the metro Detroit area which would be, what? about 12 or 13 pence in the U.K. if that is the sub pound, sorry if I got that one wrong, but you get the idea
V22 Osprey

Post by V22 Osprey »

$1.69 for regular here in Corona/Mira Loma, about 50-60 miles East of Los Angeles, CA.
ImageImage
Art by rogueusmc.

Return to “General Discussion”