G5N Liz in CHS

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

lyceum

G5N Liz in CHS

Post by lyceum »

Hey there.

Anyone know which unit convert to the G5N Liz? I am building them but cannot find a unit that can upgrade to them....

Thanks,

Tom.
Capt Henry_MatrixForum

RE: G5N Liz in CHS

Post by Capt Henry_MatrixForum »

I think its G1/Takao Daitai. After that unit upgrades, others should be able to as well.

CH
Mike Solli

Post by Mike Solli »

Once you upgrade G1 or G2/Takao Daitai, you can upgrade any IJN LB unit.
Created by the amazing Dixie
Yava

Post by Yava »

Since I have never played as the Evil Japan... can anyone tell me why is it dependant on one Datai? Because of historical reasons I presume...
Art by Dixie.
vettim89

Post by vettim89 »

Similar problem for LB-30 as Allies. The one B-18 unit in Hawaii must upgrade before the airframes are released to other units. Seems like an odd mechanic to me but hey its what we got for now
"We have met the enemy and they are ours" - Commodore O.H. Perry
Yava

Post by Yava »

ORIGINAL: vettim89

Similar problem for LB-30 as Allies. The one B-18 unit in Hawaii must upgrade before the airframes are released to other units. Seems like an odd mechanic to me but hey its what we got for now

Indeed, similar. Yet most questions concerning this matter are about Jap planes. Hmmm....
Art by Dixie.
khyberbill

Post by khyberbill »

B

Interesting, my one B-18 group in Hawaii doesnt show an upgrade path to LB-30. Doyou recal the group/sqaudron number? I am playing stock with PDU on.
"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

The Liz is the best Jap ASW aircraft in you've got, either as an ASW or Naval search. I found that out in my PBEM when they sanka number of Allied sub and damged more.  I then made the mistake of using them to attack an airfield lost most and than got clobbered by his subs.  They do nothing else now but ASW.
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

Interesting, my one B-18 group in Hawaii doesn't show an upgrade path to LB-30. Do you recall the group/squadron number? I am playing stock with PDU on.

I haven't played stock for years, but I think it was the 7th BG.
[center]Image[/center]
Yava

Post by Yava »

ORIGINAL: ny59giants
Interesting, my one B-18 group in Hawaii doesn't show an upgrade path to LB-30. Do you recall the group/squadron number? I am playing stock with PDU on.

I haven't played stock for years, but I think it was the 7th BG.

I think you are right. That was so long ago...
Art by Dixie.
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

ORIGINAL: Yava

Since I have never played as the Evil Japan... can anyone tell me why is it dependant on one Datai? Because of historical reasons I presume...

Actually the bomber version of the Liz never went into production, and the 5 prototypes that were built were used as transports and assigned to the 1001st Hikotai. No other Liz were produced due to their performance being dissapointing.

As far as CHS, its probably dependant on that 1 Daitai just so that if you decide to go ahead with production you can actually use them.
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”