Training & Tory Malitia

Birth of America is an American Revolutionary War/French and Indian War grand strategy title based on a simultaneous monthly turn style of play.

Moderator: MOD_BoA/AGEOD

George40

Training & Tory Malitia

Post by George40 »

New to the game and really like it so far. A 2 quick newb questions:

1. How long does it take to train malitia to untrained and then trained regulars?
2. Can the Royal Army do it or only the Continental Rebels

Thanks.
George
Roads

RE: Training & Tory Malitia

Post by Roads »

The Brits can train tory militia into provincials, but not into trained regulars. Each training leader can train one subunit per month, but they won't always do so. I'm not sure what the odds of training per month are. It seems a little streaky to me - once I get a sucessful training in one month I seem to get a bunch in a row.
decaro

RE: Training & Tory Malitia

Post by decaro »

ORIGINAL: Roads

... I'm not sure what the odds of training per month are. It seems a little streaky to me - once I get a sucessful training in one month I seem to get a bunch in a row.

Was the town your militia were in under seige? If so, units won't train until the seige is lifted.

I've also noticed that when training many different militia in the same town, the training can be unevenly distributed among their subunits, slowing down each individual militia's transformation into the "trained" status.
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II

Return to “Birth of America”