Dan Verssen Games (DVG) Press Release

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Dan Verssen

Dan Verssen Games (DVG) Press Release

Post by Dan Verssen »

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE (3-22-2007)

Dan Verssen Games (DVG) is pleased to announce the company’s expansion from game design house to game publisher.

The newly launched DVG commercial website supports the new line of strategy games as well as the previously digitally published Vassal/PDF games.

DVG is using the proven player driven pre-order system to determine when a game is published. When a game reaches 500 pre-orders, its files are sent to the printer. All pre-order status games are fully designed and artwork has started at the time the game is placed on the pre-order list. As pre-orders accumulate, the artwork is finalized, allowing the game to immediately enter production. This system makes it possible for games to be shipped to pre-ordering customers within two months of reaching 500 pre-orders.

The DVG site makes it easy for players to check their order history, and the games they currently have on pre-order. Credit cards are charged when a game enters production, not before.

The first two games on the pre-order list are Modern Naval Battles – Global Warfare, and Field Commander – Rommel.

Modern Naval Battles – Global Warfare is a complete redesign of the company’s first published game. The MNB card game features 110 Ship Cards, 110 Action Cards, and new game mechanics that maximize player options and decision-making. Players get to command the ships from 9 nations (USA, Japan, UK, France, USSR, Norway, Argentina, Taiwan, and China) in Cold War through modern day battles.
Pre-Order price: $31.99, Normal Price: $39.99

Field Commander – Rommel is the first of a new line of solitaire strategy board games. The game includes 176 5/8” counter and three 11” x 17” maps. Players get to command the legendary general’s forces in his most heroic campaigns: 1940 France, 1941 North Africa, and 1944 Normandy. The built-in game mechanics control the Allied force’s movement, battles tactics, and logistics.
Pre-Order price: $31.99, Normal Price: $39.99

Dan Verssen has designed such well respected, award-winning, games as: Modern Naval Battles, Down In Flames, Hornet Leader, 7th Sea CCG, Lightning Midway and D-Day, and Naval Battles.

Additional details can be found on the DVG website:
www.dvg.com

-Dan Verssen
Dan Verssen Games (DVG)
www.dvg.com
rogueusmc

RE: Dan Verssen Games (DVG) Press Release

Post by rogueusmc »

Are you affiliated with Matrix Games?...I would think you would mention it if you were...

Lee
There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

SMK-at-work

Post by SMK-at-work »

AFAIK Dan is not affiliated with anyone, although Battlefront have published the computerised version of his "Down in Flames" card game.....and a fine game it is too!!
Meum est propisitum in taberna mori
Dan Verssen

Post by Dan Verssen »

I'm not, yet, affiliated with Matrix but I have met some of the guys at past E3's and I've spoken with David Heath on several occasions.

In the past, they have been kind enough to lend me some space on their forum to announce new games, for which I am greatly appreciative.
[font="times new roman"] [/font]
-Dan Verssen
www.dvg.com
-Dan Verssen
Dan Verssen Games (DVG)
www.dvg.com
sterckxe

Post by sterckxe »

ORIGINAL: Dan Verssen

I'm not, yet, affiliated with Matrix but I have met some of the guys at past E3's and I've spoken with David Heath on several occasions.

In the past, they have been kind enough to lend me some space on their forum to announce new games, for which I am greatly appreciative.
[font="times new roman"] [/font]
-Dan Verssen
www.dvg.com

So, there's a possibilty the upcoming computer version of "Modern Naval Battles - World War II at Sea" is going to be published by Matrix Games instead of Battlefront ?

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx
David Heath

Post by David Heath »

Hi Guys

Dan is an old friend of many of the forum members and staff here at Matrix Games.  His table top games are very enjoyable.  We have talked over a few ideas with Dan and we see what the future holds.  As I have said in the past we do not mind posting of other gaming news in our General forum section just no links to purchase non-matrix titles.

ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

If he would bundle all of his games together and sell them for $29.95 I'd buy them. ;) I think for what they offer individually they just aren't worth $30 bucks each.
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Of course, you haven't actually played any of them, so you don't really know whether they're good value for money, do you?
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
rogueusmc

Post by rogueusmc »

ok girls...no bickering...[:D]
There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

JeF

Post by JeF »

Hi Dan,
Additional details can be found on the DVG website:
www.dvg.com

It nice to see DVG expanding. The new website looks better than previous one, that's for sure. Good point.

Why not citing MG in the "friends" section ?

Keep up with the good work.

JeF.
Rendez-vous at Loenen before 18:00.
Don't loose your wallet !
Conquest Of The Aegean Web Development Team
The Drop Zone
rogueusmc

Post by rogueusmc »

ORIGINAL: JeF

Keep up with the good work.

JeF.
I wouldn't have picked at him then...if you are cool with matrix here, you are cool with me.

Semper Fi,
Lee

Dan Verssen

Post by Dan Verssen »

Excellent point!

A big oversight on my part. I just fixed it.

-Dan
www.dvg.com
-Dan Verssen
Dan Verssen Games (DVG)
www.dvg.com
rogueusmc

Post by rogueusmc »

See there?...back scratch...[:D]...besides, if David thinks you are cool, there must be something to it...[:D]

Semper Fi,
Lee

Dan Verssen

Post by Dan Verssen »

The new site is set-up to accept credit cards, but not PayPal. How important is accepting PayPal? If there is a demand, I can look into accepting it also.

-Dan
-Dan Verssen
Dan Verssen Games (DVG)
www.dvg.com
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

The new site is set-up to accept credit cards, but not PayPal. How important is accepting PayPal? If there is a demand, I can look into accepting it also.

-Dan

For me Paypal is more secure for information given to a stranger. I'd rather give you a paypal account number than my actual credit card number.
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

JeF

Post by JeF »

ORIGINAL: ravinhood
For me Paypal is more secure for information given to a stranger. I'd rather give you a paypal account number than my actual credit card number.

Interresting.
Why is it so ? Because the amount limit a bad guy can use ?
Can you dispute a payment ?
Can you revoke your Paypal account easily ?

I'm interrested to know. I don't know PayPal very well nowadays. And I'm keen to know some secure alternative to credit cards payment.

Cheers,

JeF.
Rendez-vous at Loenen before 18:00.
Don't loose your wallet !
Conquest Of The Aegean Web Development Team
The Drop Zone
old man of the sea

Post by old man of the sea »

Well, the best thing about paypal from a sellers point is that the buyer does not have to have a real credit card to make the payment. A bank account is all they really need. You have a larger market to sell to that way.

E
"Point me to a 'civilised' part of the General Forum and I'll steer way clear of it." - Soddball

Some people can tell what time it is by looking at the sun, but I never have been able to make out the numbers.
Dan Verssen

Post by Dan Verssen »

I've started looking into adding PayPal to the DVG site. I should know something in a day or two.
-Dan Verssen
Dan Verssen Games (DVG)
www.dvg.com
Brigz

Post by Brigz »

-Dan
The best thing about PayPal for me is that you only have to give out your Credit Card info one time instead of every time you buy something. Been using it for years whenever I can and it seems pretty secure to me. It's especially handy if you don know exactly who you are dealing with.
“You're only young once but you can be immature for as long as you want”
Dan Verssen

Post by Dan Verssen »

Good news on the PayPal front!

The DVG store can be modified to allow PayPal payments without messing up our automated system used to send out registrations for Vassal/PDF orders.

It will take some custom coding and will be in place in about a week.
-Dan Verssen
Dan Verssen Games (DVG)
www.dvg.com

Return to “General Discussion”