Please...

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
JohnSmirnov

Please...

Post by JohnSmirnov »

..add Interwar Period conflicts, especially less known ones like Rif War. Transitria War. Indonesian National Revolution. Dominican Civil War. German Revolution. And many other conflicts and wars that are oftenly ignored or doesn't receive much attention.
Lobster

RE: Please...

Post by Lobster »

You are fully able to create these. What is most time consuming is the research involved.
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
JohnSmirnov

Post by JohnSmirnov »

ORIGINAL: Lobster

You are fully able to create these. What is most time consuming is the research involved.
While you do have a point, in my opinion it is better when it is a part of the game itself in my opinion, I just hope they will add at least some of these (like Rif War) and other conflicts and wars that werent in previous Operational Art Of War games and expansions.
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

I'm guessing that if you want to see those, you'll have to do them yourself. I'm not aware of any designer that takes requests. They design what they themselves are interested in. And that's to be expected: The design task is so long and involved that you simply couldn't do it for a subject that you weren't passionate about.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
Karri

Post by Karri »

ORIGINAL: JohnSmirnov

ORIGINAL: Lobster

While you do have a point, in my opinion it is better when it is a part of the game itself in my opinion, I just hope they will add at least some of these (like Rif War) and other conflicts and wars that werent in previous Operational Art Of War games and expansions.

Understandable, but for the larger community it is much more preferable that the time and resources are better used in programming than covering some player's favorite eras. Not to mention that I would imagine most of the scenarios shipping with TOAW are from modders and scenario designers already, and not official work as such.
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

JohnSmirnov - did you check here if there is not something for you?
http://alternatewars.com/Games/TOAW/TOAW.htm
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

There is also the Rugged Defense site as recalled lately by sPzAbt653 in another post :
http://www.the-strategist.net/RD/scenar ... enario.php
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
JohnSmirnov

Post by JohnSmirnov »

ORIGINAL: ncc1701e

JohnSmirnov - did you check here if there is not something for you?
I did check it before, and I belive conflicts that I listed aren't there (it is also strange that there is no Soviet-Afghan War). I am interested to check if Vietnam War stuff they have - got anything with South Koreans and others who were a part of Vietnam War, but receive from little to no attention in media though.

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”