Global or Local Resource Prices

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

tortugapower

Global or Local Resource Prices

Post by tortugapower »

Dear all,

I come to you with a simple but important question: Are there local or just global prices for resources?

The price that I see in the Expansion Planner, is this the global price, or is this the price for my empire only? Does each empire have its own price for resources? Some kind of proof and not just conjecture on the matter would be very helpful.

Many thanks,
Tortuga
Matrix Games video tutorials:
Distant Worlds Universe
Advanced Tactics Gold
RogerBacon

RE: Global or Local Resource Prices

Post by RogerBacon »

Well, I don't have proof, only conjecture. I'm pretty sure its a global price for everybody. Once when I was pissed off at having supply shortages I gave my home planet a few billion of each resource. Within a year the price for all resources had dropped to the bare minimum. I assume it was because I had flooded the market. If that price was only what I paid then it wouldn't be affected by my supply but by the supply of the people I was buying from.
BTC 14UURmC4rD762RStsufKmaUjfXQrBvahU1
ETH 0x7c65139BC82A0BDC5b11F92001D5c5a112219f08
tortugapower

RE: Global or Local Resource Prices

Post by tortugapower »

Thanks for the feedback RogerBacon, we've had a few discussions before which makes me think you have a good understanding of these things.

Still, I wish there was a way to know how the finer details of the economy are done, if one really insisted on diving through the veil of immersion and into the mechanics.
Matrix Games video tutorials:
Distant Worlds Universe
Advanced Tactics Gold

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”