patch released

Achtung Panzer:Operation Star is an Eastern Front wargame with solid graphics and sprawling battlefields that really emphasize the scope of WWII tank combat. The gameplay is a remarkably realistic turn-based and real-time operational/tactical hybrid wargame that continues the series begun by the acclaimed Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943.
budd

patch released

Post by budd »

looks like the official not a beta. I installed the core update and the patch, so far so good. Downloading the polygon optional update now. here's my version numbers without the polygon update, haven't been playing apos lately hope these version numbers are right. Haven't played yet so don't know if any errors come up. Here's the link to the patches. http://www.graviteam.ua/help/download-patches.html the polygon update is 1.2 gigs

Attachments
ScreenShot001.jpg
ScreenShot001.jpg (200.59 KiB) Viewed 230 times
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
WallysWorld

RE: patch released

Post by WallysWorld »

I got exactly that after installing the core, patch and lastly the polygon updates.

I also get 5.81(2101) with a date of March 13th on the main screen of APOS.
Moltke71

Post by Moltke71 »

I have the original Matrix release. Do I need an earlier patch before the latest? Thanks.
Jim Cobb
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

I recall Andrey saying on the Graviteam forum,that the new patch is compatable with the Matrix release of the game.
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Do not believe you need the previous patches to install the new March 2013 patches.

For those that have installed the March 2013 patches, what is the verdict on the patches? Sounds like a lot of changes again but change is not always good thus the question....
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

Personally, since my game is stable and I am very happy with it, I have stopped installing updates. When the new game comes out, I will buy that.
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

The March 13 patch is required and mandatory for installation of the new DLC-Operation Hooper.

The new March 13 patch command and control features take some getting use to and the tutorial is lacking in comprehension,which is usual from Graviteam considering no one working for Graviteam speaks English.(I think we had all hoped that Matrix could have tried to bridge that gap.Yeah Right!)[:(]

I've gotten use to the fact of having to teach the game to myself thru trial and error,but there is also an option in the options menu to disable the new command and and control commo features if you don't want to use them or dislike them or you can try to teach yourself the new feature.The game still basically plays the same with the new feature just differently and slower as you establish commo links between your various units(the game will let you know when links are established and all units on the defense automatically have commo linkage).

I bought Operation Hooper last week and had my doubts about whether or not I would like it(Angola wouldn't have been my 1st choice of a modern setting for this game)But,after tooling around with the new DLC this weekend I find that I enjoy the new weapons and map very much and have had some very interesting and fun battles over the course of about 12 hours of play.

For $15.00 I think I more than got my monies worth out of the new DLC and would have paid that alone for the new 120 square Km tropical map.If your sitting on the fence then you'll never know what your missing.I personally am satisfied with the new DLC and would have paid 3 times as much for it after playing it.I've always enjoyed Graviteams games,so I'm not surprised I enjoyed this DLC also.
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/t ... ost3761110

Here are some links to screen shots and a video from a campaign game play for Operation Hooper Angola by mitralTA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KThBe4BYBAc

Return to “Achtung Panzer Operation Star”