Member user area problem?

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
rickier65

Member user area problem?

Post by rickier65 »

I've been trying to log in to the member user area a few different times today but with no success. I made sure I was using my Member login rather than the forum login, but I can't seem to access it. I was logged in earlier this week with no problem.

Has anyone else looged in today?

Thanks
rick
junk2drive

RE: Member user area problem?

Post by junk2drive »

I was logged in so I logged out and now I cannot log in again.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

I tried again with my password and captcha code in all caps and it worked.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

This is curious. I tired several times again, and still could not log in. So I went to my new laptop, and tried again, and it logged in fine.

Maybe I'll check my browser compatibility.

Thanks for checking

rick

edit, tried compatibility button but that didn't help. I guess I'll try again after rebooting and see if it works.

junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

I am using firefox.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

I am using firefox.

I tired rebooting, but it didn't help. I submitted a request to the helpdesk. I wasn't sure how I could do that without logging in, but they conveniently have a button for submitting problems associated with not being able to log in.

Thank again
rick
mikkey

Post by mikkey »

I tried it with Opera browser and no problem
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Thanks mikkey,

I had an update to my helpdesk ticket this morning. But when i tried to read it, I wasn't able to, because I wasn't logged in. I could use the email link and see the ticket list for login issues, but clicking on the ticket issue didn't bring anything up.

But I downloaded Chrome and tried it. I was then able to log in.

And the ticket resolution suggestion was to try a different browser.

I have to admit, I'm not really satisfied with this. I'll do some checking on my browser extensions and see if maybe something has changed one of my browser settings. Since I'm able to access the area using IE Explorer on my laptop, it must be something specific to this system.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

rick
Terl

Post by Terl »

Have you tried clearing your cookies and cache from the browser? That clears up a lot of things at times.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Terl

Have you tried clearing your cookies and cache from the browser? That clears up a lot of things at times.

I had tried that, but after reading your message, it occurred to me that I hadn't really cleared everything, since i was still logging into the forums automatically.

So I went back in and cleared passwords and cookies and didn't preserve anything.

That did the trick -- Thanks!
rick

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”