play action card on group.

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

CesarM

play action card on group.

Post by CesarM »

I was playing partisans, had my two lmgs firing at a soviet maxim when i run out of APs. I had this ac that costs 2 CAPS to play and would provide extra 1d6 APs. Played it but noone got the aps. Maybe i rolled a 0?

Or maybe i did something wrong. Here is a vid clip;

http://vimeo.com/42161091

Joram

RE: play action card on group.

Post by Joram »

Cool use of the video! It looks like a bug. You clearly see the message that you get 4 APs but it does not seem to be applied to the units.
CesarM

Post by CesarM »

Indeed. I just hope my opponent found the same bug when inmediately he played the same action card :D

BTW this game ended with the soviet losing every one of his units before the end of turn 4. Still, we have to go to turn 5 and pause both for the game to end, my opponent couldn't see the funny side of that [:D]

Joram

Post by Joram »

LOL, yes, I think I mentioned before that the game should end when the opponent is out of units but I suppose that there's a very slim chance the person with the units could still be losing and would need to move on to other VP hexes.
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

Thanks for the report and the useful video. What happened is that the card only gave APs to one unit in your group, then at the end of the turn all units in the group were reduced in APs to equal that of the member of the group with the fewest APs -- which in this case was the other unit that did not receive the AP bonus.

I'll see whether we can change the rule so that some cards can be applied to the entire group.
raizer

Post by raizer »

Some cards should work for whole groups. Ive found that some currently do; I know the rally cards will work for the entire group and I think hasty D does as well. I know for sure that increasing APs and Free action cards DO NOT work with groups. These cards are key to winning the game against good human players and cards working with groups are probably the most important aspect of the board game, esp when facing off against KVs and T34s and for the later years, tigers and panthers. Without being able to use these free action cards on groups, one will be hard pressed to hurt the big cats of the germans and monsters of the russians. So I would really like to see free action cards with groups addresed [:)]
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

With the Persistent AP system, some cards, like the free 1d6 APs, probably should not work on groups as written, as it would be over-powered to be able to form a group of all your units, increase the APs of all your units, then disband the ground and have all units with bonus APs. We could give the bonus APs from the card in the same way we give bonus CAPs to groups, making them lost when the group is disbanded, without putting the card out-of-balance, I think.

Return to “Tech Support”