Any Deal Killers?

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

netjam99

Any Deal Killers?

Post by netjam99 »

I got this game just as it came out. Started a couple of sceneros then embarked upon a campaign. Got to about May of 1942 when I realized the Aircraft Replacement Bug had made all the time I had put into that struggle worthless. Laid the game aside and just now am thinking about crankiing up a Pac Campaign this weekend.

Have downloaded all the available patches and right now I'm excited about giving the game another shot. My question is are there any 'deal' killers awaiting me. I don't want to throw a bunch of hours of play away again just to find out some bug results in me having wasted a bunch of time.

Don't know about you guys but I remember only being able to cycle thru 3 or 4 days every session so this is a big investment in time.

Appreciate any advise.

S!

Feinder

RE: Any Deal Killers?

Post by Feinder »

Either get v1.602 (beta), or wait until the next official.

There is a bug, where you litterally run out of pilots (maybe this is what you're talking about). v1.602 was supposed to have fixed this. And if you're talking about a "long haul" game, you're very likely going to encounter this.

There are still occasional problems with units disappearing, either by air-tran, or simply having too many fragments (altho this has never happened to me, that I know of). If this is a "killer" for you, that would be important. However, I don't know that there -is- a permanent fix for this (yet).

Disliking mechanics is one thing. If think Allied 4e bombers are too powerful. Or think there shouldn't be coordination penalties, or whatever. But the mechanics "work as intended".

A bug that will obliterate you game... Running out of pilots is the only one that I can think of (and the disappearing LCUs would certainly qualifty is -extremely- frustrating).

Welcome back. Didn't we tell ya, you couldn't walk away...

[;)]

-F-
"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

netjam99

RE: Any Deal Killers?

Post by netjam99 »

Feinder,

Hmmmm...just the kind of thing I was worried about. I do appreciate you warning me about it. I want to conduct a Grand Pacific Campaign...but don't want the results messed up by a bug. What you describe is indeed a deal killer to my way of thinking.

I am going to look into this 1.602 beta patch and see if it is the fix before launching the war.

S!

Netjam99

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”