more OT

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, simovitch, harley, warshipbuilder

Hard Sarge

more OT

Post by Hard Sarge »

A friend of mine does add on's for IL-2 FB (the Last Days is a great one, sold by Matrix)

and has one he is working on and asked for some testing help

here some shots

battles in Finland 1944

Attachments
Il2s1.jpg
Il2s1.jpg (179.21 KiB) Viewed 42 times
Hard Sarge

RE: more OT

Post by Hard Sarge »

to be honest, one kill is mine, the other is my wingmans, but just happened to be in the shot at the same time

coming out of a bombing run, turn to avoid the Flak, pull and what do I see

Attachments
ohoh.jpg
ohoh.jpg (15.59 KiB) Viewed 42 times
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

this mission was nasty, brif wants us to go in at 200 ft and bomb a train in the station, warns that we should try and fly between to buildings, to help sheild us from the Flak

I made it in and dropped my bomb and just pulled back on the stick

the rest of the flight didn't make it

but...

I don't miss often, bull eyes

as I come off the target, the air defence wakes up and planes are rushing to the Railroad

I see Yak 1s and P-40's along with some Pe-3's

I get a burst off at some Yaks, but both of us miss, plant some rounds into a Pe-3 but, know better then to stick around, push my nose down and start to run

with most of the Russian Airforce chasing me, but as my lead begins to widen, some start to break off, some calls for help, while not doing much help, ends up making the chasers decide to turn for home, which all the break I need

faster then you can say "did you forget about me ?" two Yaks are plowing into the snow
(got to love a pass that take out both planes)

do another Head on with a Pe-3, this time blowing large holes in the wing, where he does not like them to be, pull up and come around to finish him off, and pick up the 3rd Yak that was trailing me, this one is a better fight, but not good enough

Attachments
thatissomeshooting.jpg
thatissomeshooting.jpg (154.25 KiB) Viewed 42 times
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

watch him fly into the snow, level out and see another Pe-3 comeing at me ?

greesh, leave me alone and I will leave you alone, then again, maybe not

got my aim point down now, and cripple his engine and punch some holes into his fuel tank, flames reward my attack

by this time, the excourt has shown up

and it is time to head for home, tally for the day, 5 enemy planes, and a train station that needs a lot of people pushing brooms

Attachments
endofmis3.jpg
endofmis3.jpg (113.75 KiB) Viewed 42 times

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”