I was just wondering........

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

captskillet

I was just wondering........

Post by captskillet »

Wondering #1)-in any of y'alls ongoing PBEM or AI games has the US 1942 version of KB (Wasp, Hornet, Ent., York. Lex & Sara) ever run across the real deal and what was the outcome...............

#2)- Rabaul......can the Allies take it, is it to their advantage to do so......DISCUSS...[:D].
"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

Bobthehatchit

RE: I was just wondering........

Post by Bobthehatchit »

ORIGINAL: captskillet

Wondering #1)-in any of y'alls ongoing PBEM or AI games has the US 1942 version of KB (Wasp, Hornet, Ent., York. Lex & Sara) ever run across the real deal and what was the outcome...............

#2)- Rabaul......can the Allies take it, is it to their advantage to do so......DISCUSS...[:D].

Always keep my carriers well away from KB until atleast 43. Hit where he ain't......

Managed to kill all the allied carriers with Kb with the loss of 1 Cvl and two heavily damaged CV's. Four in the first fight, two a few weeks later.

As for rabul, don't think its worth the costs better to subdue it and surround it by taking the surronding bases and isolating it from supply, then let your lba get some practice in, If its well stacked with troops, AA and CD it could be very costly in ships and men.

"Look at yours before laughing at mine". Garfield 1984.

Wanted: ISDII Low millage in Imperial gray.

Just my 2 pence worth.
I might not be right.
Hell I am probaby wrong.
But thats my opinion for what its worth!
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

If you want to invade Rabaul, DON'T land there; it's going to be heavily fortified. Approach overland instead. I agree with Bob, though: if the Japanese want to have a big POW camp, then let them! [:D]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Bobthehatchit

Post by Bobthehatchit »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

If you want to invade Rabaul, DON'T land there; it's going to be heavily fortified. Approach overland instead. I agree with Bob, though: if the Japanese want to have a big POW camp, then let them! [:D]

Same goes for Rangoon. Either march down the trails or land below and march up the rail lines. If there is a large IJA div in rabul i'd leave it well alone.
"Look at yours before laughing at mine". Garfield 1984.

Wanted: ISDII Low millage in Imperial gray.

Just my 2 pence worth.
I might not be right.
Hell I am probaby wrong.
But thats my opinion for what its worth!
usersatch

Post by usersatch »

I took Rabaul with the 2nd Mar Div and the 25th Inf (plus engineers, etc). The landing wasnt too bad and the Japs ran after the first attack. If I do it over, I will land 2 more inf div at Gasmata to block their retreat, and destroy them in place. I had to take Rabaul--their fighters were killing me. I brought 5 carriers down for CAP and waited for the super-Zero bonus had subsided a bit.
Yamato hugger

Post by Yamato hugger »

ORIGINAL: usersatch

I brought 5 carriers down for CAP and waited for the super-Zero bonus had subsided a bit.

[&:]

The Zero bonus goes away in May 42. When did you take it?

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”