Extension of CAP

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

DJAndrews

Extension of CAP

Post by DJAndrews »

I'm not sure whether there's been a rule change that I missed in the manual or what, but I'm seeing aircraft from CV and CVE TFs extend their CAP into adjacent hexes to protect friendly TFs, even though no LRCAP orders were given.

In a number of cases I've had bombardment TFs start their turn in the same hex as a CV, make their attack and then head for home. When attacked by enemy bombers in the next day's turn, part of the CV's CAP shows up, even though the two TFs are now in different hexes.

I've searched the manual and the forum for hints on how to make this work consistantly. Can anyone point me to the appropriate section?
Mr.Frag

RE: Extension of CAP

Post by Mr.Frag »

Cap not busy can help in adjacent hexes but it is never a sure thing. If you must have them there, put them there.
dpstafford

Post by dpstafford »

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

Cap not busy can help in adjacent hexes but it is never a sure thing. If you must have them there, put them there.

That's new........
Mr.Frag

Post by Mr.Frag »

That's new........

Yep BUT don't trust it. Sometimes they happen to be flying at the other end of that 60 mile hex and not see the 600 plane raid come in and sink all your ships [:D]
Admiral DadMan

Post by Admiral DadMan »

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag
That's new........

Yep BUT don't trust it. Sometimes they happen to be flying at the other end of that 60 mile hex and not see the 600 plane raid come in and sink all your ships [:D]
God, I HATE it when that happens...[:-]
Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”