AT Phoenix Version Open Beta v2.40.061 (29th Aug 2023)

Moderator: Vic

GaryChildress

Re: AT Phoenix Version Open Beta v2.40.061 (29th Aug 2023)

Post by GaryChildress »

Is there a bug with oil production and usage in the Beta? I have vehicles, aircraft and ships and even when I don't move any of them and cut production to zero, I still use over 7000 oil per turn. I can see using some oil out of necessity, however, 7000 effectively consumes all that I produce every turn. Or is the game engine accidentally canceling out new production of oil or else zeroing out oil stocks prior to each turn? I note that I was producing a lot of oil until I started building a considerable number of subformations that use oil. As it stands, even with oil locations producing at maximum, I can't sustain my army for more than one turn at a time, and even then, I have to refrain from moving any units that would consume oil to move.

Something doesn't feel right about the oil situation.
Ormand

Post by Ormand »

Are you doing a lot antisupply and interception? Especially with bombers and ships. Now antisupply costs two rounds of combat for the subformation to conduct antisupply.

Send me a save file, and I'll try to track down where it is going: atg@vrdesigns.net
One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork -- Edward Abbey
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

Ormand wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:36 pm Are you doing a lot antisupply and interception? Especially with bombers and ships. Now antisupply costs two rounds of combat for the subformation to conduct antisupply.

Send me a save file, and I'll try to track down where it is going: atg@vrdesigns.net
Thank you for the quick reply, Ormand. I sent a save game file to the email above. When I press the arrow button to advance each turn, I'm now staying at around ~7000 oil in stock, regardless of what I do. I tried not moving and I tried cutting off all production to see if those were not allowing me to stock up on more oil but those measures didn't work.
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

I noticed that the report at the beginning of my turns is saying that I'm using almost 13,000 oil per turn. That doesn't sound right. The only activity I have going on is that I left 4 formations of 2 subs each (=8 subs) sitting offshore of an enemy port and each turn numbers of supply "killed" are posted on nearby hexes. Nothing else is moving and I set all production OFF before I ended the previous turn. According to the report that started the following turn I had 7000 oil at the end of last turn and that went down to 50 oil before production this turn, which means I used 6950 oil between the two consecutive turns. The oil was basically spent doing nothing else but having 8 subs posted stationary off shore of an enemy port city. If 8 subs are using that much oil to raid enemy supply shipping, then that strategy is costing me almost all of my oil production. Doesn't sound right to me.

Relevant screen shots posted below:
Attachments
Supply message.png
Supply message.png (134.59 KiB) Viewed 578 times
subs.png
subs.png (341.83 KiB) Viewed 578 times

Return to “Advanced Tactics Gold: Open Beta”