Timing

Your place to ask and discuss scenario design or modding questions.

Moderator: Arjuna

El Savior

Timing

Post by El Savior »

Another question about scenario editing. [&:] I don't understand how changing start and end time works. Time is always red, unless I type duration and then start time changes back to 19 Sep 1944 17:00. How can I change the start time? Also is it possible to give any time outside Market Garden? I'm making scenario for Battle for Bastogne and start time should be 19 Dec 1944 09:00 and end time 26 Dec 1944 18:00. But if this can't be done, at least any date starting with 09:00 is good enough.
El Savior
Rooster

RE: Timing

Post by Rooster »

Hi El Savior - Not sure why it's not working for you. I was able to change the start and end times as seen below. Be sure to get the syntax right...

Good Luck!

Attachments
start.gif
start.gif (2.84 KiB) Viewed 368 times
El Savior

Post by El Savior »

Here's two screenshots to show the problem.

No matter what time I use it stays red until I give duration and time changes back to 19th Sep.
El Savior
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

Try writing the second date/time from scratch - delete the existing one and type a completely new one. For some odd reason, this seems to work for me. [X(]
El Savior

Post by El Savior »

Thanks for help, but it didn't work. [:(]

Believe me, I have try remove it totally and type it from the scratch, type start first or end first, with and without duration, and only change hours or date time and it's alwas red. After I type duration date & time will change to 19 Sep 1944 17:00 and it's black. Same thing with totally new map or any other scenario. I reinstalled HTTR, but still same problem (patch v2286). Damn! My scenario's OOB is ready and only thing I need to do is reinforcement timing. And coz' time is wrong its hard to do this. I don't know what to try next. [8|]

Edit: I noticed that when I save a scenario date become red. This is the case when I give duration and date changes back to default. When I save, it changes to red. Strange.
El Savior
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Very interesting. I'm not having any problems here. Can you please send me a copy of the scenario file to "support at panthergames dot com" and I'll check it out?
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
El Savior

Post by El Savior »

Ok, I'll send it to this address.
El Savior
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Got it thanks.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
El Savior

Post by El Savior »

Anything new about the problem yet?
El Savior
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

El Savior,

It opens fine on my machine. I can edit the start, end and duration. No problems. No red text.

Attachments
ElSaviorScenario.jpg
ElSaviorScenario.jpg (97.53 KiB) Viewed 368 times
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
El Savior

Post by El Savior »

Well I can't modify it, strange problem then. I have Win XP SP2, could it because SP2? I would preciated if you could change date&time to start 19th Dec 1944 06:00 end 26th Dec 1944 21:00 and email it back to me. This way I can continue working with my scenario. I will also try to change some settings with my computer etc. to find the solution.
El Savior
El Savior

Post by El Savior »

Ignore my previous post. I found the solution!

The problem was with regional settings in Windows XP. My reginal settings is Finnish, so months are written in Finnish. I changed regional settings to English and now problem is fixed. This is more like a feature, not a bug, but hope you can do something for it in the future.
El Savior
JeF

Post by JeF »

El Savior,

You're from Sweden and using Finnish as regional setting ??? Isn't it usually the other way around ? I understand you are from Finland.

About the bug : good catch. As most months begin the same in English and in French, I doubt I could have seen it myself.

Congrats for your site. Clean and easy. I like it.
The Bastogne map looks gorgeous. I can't wait to try it out !
Who's grass mod are you using ? [;)]

JeF.
Rendez-vous at Loenen before 18:00.
Don't loose your wallet !
Conquest Of The Aegean Web Development Team
The Drop Zone
El Savior

Post by El Savior »

I'm Finnish, but I live in Sweden. Here's little better salary than in Finland so I thought I could make some big money few years and return after that. [8D]

Just give me days to finish my scenario. I will do historical scenario and what-if scenario where German will attack with three divisions. IRL, 2nd Panzer and Lehr divisions rounded Bastogne and main effort to capture Bastogne was done by 26th Volksgrenadier divsions. This is were things are getting very interesting for US player.
El Savior

Return to “Scenario Design & Modding [HTTR]”