Why does it say Vista32 only?

UFO: Extraterrestrials is a futuristic real-time/turn-based strategy blend set on the fictional planet of Esperanza in 2025. Having made a bloody first contact with a strange form of life from another planet, the player is thrust into the tough position of leading the defense of this isolated planet against the never-ending assault of these hostile invaders
milkweg

Why does it say Vista32 only?

Post by milkweg »

On the product page it says Vista32 compatible. I've only ever run this game on Vista64 so what is the supposed Vista64 issues?
Hard Sarge

RE: Why does it say Vista32 only?

Post by Hard Sarge »

I think they mean, they were only able to test it on a 32 bit Vista system

not everything that runs on 32, will run on 64
milkweg

RE: Why does it say Vista32 only?

Post by milkweg »

OK, thanks. Only games that won't run on Vista64 that will run on Vista32 are games that have any 16bit code. I see they claim Forge of Freedom is Win2K compatible and I have been spending the last hour trying to figure out why it doesn't run on my Win2K computer. It loads up then just at the end of loading when it is about to go to the game menu it just dumps out to nothing, no error message or anything so can't figure out what the issue is. It runs on Vista64 fine though even though they say it is tested for Win2K and XP only.

Return to “UFO: Extraterrestrials”