The Game Hints on the SSG RFTS Site--Still Applicable?

This 2005 re-release of the updated 2000 sci-fi classic puts the player in the role of building a space-faring civilization.
KG Erwin

The Game Hints on the SSG RFTS Site--Still Applicable?

Post by KG Erwin »

I printed out the brief civilization and ship-design guides from the SSG site. Do these apply only to the pre-Matrix update, or can I rely on these for 1.41?
alexs

RE: The Game Hints on the SSG RFTS Site--Still Applicable?

Post by alexs »

KG Erwin,
There were no changes made to v1.41 that invalidates the info, so yes, it is still relevant.

Regards
AlexS
KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin »

ORIGINAL: alexs

KG Erwin,
There were no changes made to v1.41 that invalidates the info, so yes, it is still relevant.

Regards
AlexS

Thank you, Alex. However, I made some comparisons with the civ guides in the 1.41 manual, and there ARE some differences in the base rate of fire (BROF) from what is shown on the SSG pages. Maybe the webpages should be updated to show these changes?

For example-- the SSG page shows a BROF of 80 for the Saurischi--the game manual shows it as 45. For the Humans, SSG displays the BROF as 45--the game manual shows it as 35. Many other civs are different, too.
matt3916

Post by matt3916 »

Might be a problem with the 1.41 manual. I checked the SSG "hints" vs the original printed manual as well as the game itself (using the editor). All BROF figures were consistent except for the Meridi. Manual and Editor show theirs as 40, the hints show it as 35.
pargen

Post by pargen »

Where is this hints page located?

Return to “Reach For The Stars”