Crud, heads up there is a new 4.04 patch out

These new expansions from X1 Software add dynamic campaigns and nearly three thousand missions between them to your IL2 Sturmovik, Forgotten Battles, Ace Expansion Pack and Pacific Fighters. The incredible depth and replayability of these new add-ons will give you a very long lasting experience.
Hard Sarge

Crud, heads up there is a new 4.04 patch out

Post by Hard Sarge »

new patch is out for IL-2 FB and IL-2FB/PF

(hmmm way it is listed may be a patch for PF and Il-2/PF medged ?)

oh well, then is a follow up to 4.03

looks like mainly fixes to what they patched :)

rroberson

RE: Crud, heads up there is a new 4.04 patch out

Post by rroberson »

fixes and they added one ground item.
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

thanks, the part of the read me I seen only listed the fixes

did we get the girls on the beach yet ?

rroberson

Post by rroberson »

only in our dreams...Im still waiting for the devastator...oh wait..thats a US plane.
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

Copy right issues

rroberson

Post by rroberson »

thats the rumor..here's what I can't figure though. They paid to use those other us planes..seems like to me one payment likely covered everything...yet no other planes. Im think the Oleg said screw it Im not giving them any more after that incident.

its a damn shame too, finest air sim I have ever played.
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

hmm
interesting
do you fly online or offline ?

I think as a flight sim it sucks, it got the best artwork in the bussiness, the detail and what it can do is unreal, but for a flight sim ?, maybe if Olaf would stop being the aero expert and let the real experts in,the P-39 was not the best plane of the war, the P-40 can't out turn a Zero, a Hurrance can not out dive a 109, a Hawk 75, can not, lets see, out climb, out dive, out turn a 109 E (maybe turn, but the engine was too weak to do so for long)

the flight model is a joke, LOL just had my rudder shot off, Lost control of my up and down axis

try to do a wing over, it don't work

I basicly love the game, but I keep sticking around hopeing that Olaf comes to his senses and makes it right, which I don't think he ever will, he always has his secert Russian made Docs to back him up, but he won't show them to anyone

will be funny to see how BoB works out, he does not like GE planes, and he does not like Allied planes
rroberson

Post by rroberson »

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

hmm
interesting
do you fly online or offline ?

I think as a flight sim it sucks, it got the best artwork in the bussiness, the detail and what it can do is unreal, but for a flight sim ?, maybe if Olaf would stop being the aero expert and let the real experts in,the P-39 was not the best plane of the war, the P-40 can't out turn a Zero, a Hurrance can not out dive a 109, a Hawk 75, can not, lets see, out climb, out dive, out turn a 109 E (maybe turn, but the engine was too weak to do so for long)

the flight model is a joke, LOL just had my rudder shot off, Lost control of my up and down axis

try to do a wing over, it don't work

I basicly love the game, but I keep sticking around hopeing that Olaf comes to his senses and makes it right, which I don't think he ever will, he always has his secert Russian made Docs to back him up, but he won't show them to anyone

will be funny to see how BoB works out, he does not like GE planes, and he does not like Allied planes

Hmmm, I always view things like this as one man's reality. That is its "his" opinion how these aircraft would of flown against each other. As the consumer its up to me whether to continue to support that or not and if not move on. Whether or not the P-39 kicked major axis ass...we both know it didnt. I can deal with some of the flight models being off 'in my opinion.' The game its self is still quite enjoyable. What I hate is...we have this incredible sim...and it lacks soul. I don't ever really feel like IM in the war (offliner) the lack of any true campaign mode really kills it for me (the reason I look at things like banzai and the like). I would kill for him to give BOB a real campaign where I am immersed and be a little less detailed on the FMs.

But we will see what he comes up with....
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

Roger, I agree

just a little chrome here and there and it could be great,think they tried with PF, but gave up half way though

my complaint, is if I want to fly with black out on, red out on, spin and stall on, so should the AI

I was in a fight with a Lagg3, it was doing 90 degree scissors, did 5 or 6 of them in a row, and then did a complete roll and zoom climbed away from, I was able to hang enough back that i didn't have to do as sharp a roll and bank to follow, so I still had some speed left, I mean, he left me behind in the zoom

of course, the bad part is I knocked down 4 Laggs and 2 P-39's that mission, so what would I of done if the AI didn't cheat

(of course, I would say most of us, should be seen/rated as Experten)

but I agree, I love the dang game and I keep going back even as much as I complain, but it could of been so much better, with out doing anything fancy

so many times in games, it is the little things that make the enjoyable, but so many programmers, designers spend all there time on the big things

have you ever worked with the map/campiagn editor ? that thing is unreal, it is unthinkable what it can do, you play a mission, and there are 6 planes for you and 6 planes for them and some flak, you could have a real battle field

oh well

you know BoB will do it right, or the Polish campaign add on for BoB will do it right, or the French campaign add on for BoB, or

rroberson

Post by rroberson »

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

Roger, I agree

just a little chrome here and there and it could be great,think they tried with PF, but gave up half way though

my complaint, is if I want to fly with black out on, red out on, spin and stall on, so should the AI

I was in a fight with a Lagg3, it was doing 90 degree scissors, did 5 or 6 of them in a row, and then did a complete roll and zoom climbed away from, I was able to hang enough back that i didn't have to do as sharp a roll and bank to follow, so I still had some speed left, I mean, he left me behind in the zoom

of course, the bad part is I knocked down 4 Laggs and 2 P-39's that mission, so what would I of done if the AI didn't cheat

(of course, I would say most of us, should be seen/rated as Experten)

but I agree, I love the dang game and I keep going back even as much as I complain, but it could of been so much better, with out doing anything fancy

so many times in games, it is the little things that make the enjoyable, but so many programmers, designers spend all there time on the big things

have you ever worked with the map/campiagn editor ? that thing is unreal, it is unthinkable what it can do, you play a mission, and there are 6 planes for you and 6 planes for them and some flak, you could have a real battle field

oh well

you know BoB will do it right, or the Polish campaign add on for BoB will do it right, or the French campaign add on for BoB, or

I use the editor a lot. At one point in time I was immersed in taking one map and making it a live battle field...flak, tank battles, runway all active...you get the idea. Drove my wife crazy with that for a time (have laptop will travel) then I saw other people putting out their own mods for cash and figured why waste my time if others are doing it... Now that I have a singapore map I may go back to it though I hear rumors of burma around the corner. What I'd do for a real solomons map...ah well...I can keep hoping.

Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

I like the one my friend did, if you got past the fighters, and happened to get past the city Flak, on the beach was about 300 trucks all lined up nice and neat, and every Flak gun the IJA had around it, it was pretty when the bomb went off, but you never stood a chance to get out

(and most times, I can get out of anything)

wait a minute, making money for designing missions ?

Easter Sunday Massacure would be a good one, a nasty battle, bad out come, but...

Return to “Banzai!, Case Blue, The Last Days IL2 Expansion Packs”