No negatives?

Star Sentinel Tactics is a turn-based tactical game that puts you in command of a squad of elite United Alliance marines - the Star Sentinels - as they battle to stop a race of bloodthirsty reptilians launching a devastating attack on our Galaxy! Along the way you'll have to use sharp thinking and effective tactics as you encounter giant mechs, rotting zombies, mutants and a host of other foes - all intent on your destruction!
noname

No negatives?

Post by noname »

I am thinking about buying sst. Looking here I see nothing negative about the game but checking reviews online all I see are bad reviews. Which is it? I see there is patch so it can't be too bad or they wouldn't bother with a patch. It came out a year ago but there isn't much about it online. The reason I'm interested of course is its similarity to X-COM and the UFO series. If anyone is still reading this forum I would appreciate any information and frank opinions.
Rosseau

RE: No negatives?

Post by Rosseau »

There is nothing wrong with this game, very bug-free, but you gotta like the X-Com style and tongue-in-cheek sci-fi stuff. Graphics are basic. But what killed it for me was way too much clicking, and it's not an RTS. It must have taken me 50+ mouse clicks to equip my squad, move them square by square, and kill my first alien blob. It's not a serious tactical simulation by any means.

There's also more of a story line to it. And the dev is not a writer. Heck, it did all the programming himself.
milkweg

Post by milkweg »

Without a deep strategic layer like X-Com/Jagged Alliance I won't buy it. I have Fallout Tactics if I just want a pure tactical game.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Not to be negative or anything, but for $30, there's a lot of kick-butt games of all genres out there. And yes, Fallout Tactics was enjoyable for a time and even had a real editor.
milkweg

Post by milkweg »

It's still enjoyable and can be bought at gog.com for $5.99

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/fallout_tactics

What I am saying is that whith these type of games the tactical battles is only half of a game and they need a good operational strategy layer too in order to flesh them out into a really good game. That's my opinion anyway.

Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]

Return to “Star Sentinel Tactics”