Event design

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and general game modding. You can also post your scenarios and modifications here.
Maddoc06

Event design

Post by Maddoc06 »

Does anyone know what 'param2' in the 'HexStripe.ChangeControllerAndOwner' method actually represents in the events.xml file? I've worked out the other 3 parameters.
doomtrader

RE: Event design

Post by doomtrader »

how long the hex strip is

x, y coordinates tells you which hex, and another one parameter tells how many hexes (counting down)?
Maddoc06

Post by Maddoc06 »

A mod design quetion using the events system.

I'm trying to get an event to trigger either when the Greeks occupy the Istanbul hex or if the Turks occupy the Thessaloniki hex.

My mod works reasonably well at the moment and the events I've added work well.

Obviously they are both 'neutral' countries. I don't want the event to trigger once one or other country is defeated and the appropriate hex occupied and controlled (I've tested that and it works). I want the event to trigger only upon the hex being taken.

I've used the "Hex.Occupied param x param y param z" method to try and simulate this paramaters x, y being city coordinates and z being the country with troops on the hex. With the "Hex.ControlledbyAliance" and "Hex.OccupiedAndCOntrolledByAlliance" methods that third paramater represents one of the 3 alliances and is therefore country specific. Is this 3rd parameter also referring to alliance or can it be a specific country (like Greece or Turkey who are both neutrals in my mod)?
Maddoc06

Post by Maddoc06 »

Sorry In my last post second last sentence I meant the third parameter "therefore is NOT country specific".

So what I'm asking is whether in "Hex.Occupied param x param y param z" the third paramater is referring simply to alliance or can it be a specific country?
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Not, the game was not designed to simulate 'tiny wars'
comrade

Post by comrade »

Check out doc\Event engine manual.txt, there's a description of params to all (or I think most) different methods to be used in <expression> and <effect> blocks.
JMass

Post by JMass »

ORIGINAL: comrade

Check out doc\Event engine manual.txt, there's a description of params

I don't find params to switch nations from, as an example, pro-axis to pro-allied, it is possible?
"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

My boardgames collection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection ... dgame&ff=1

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”