unit support

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.
borner

unit support

Post by borner »

I am sure that I am missing something simple, but I have run into this in Multiple games. I will usually move several AA units into Port Morsby. However, for these moved units, the support always reads "0". I have even moved MacArthur's whole command there in one game just to see what would happen. Can someone please explain 1) Why this happens? and 2) will the until still fire with a zero support level?
borner

RE: unit support

Post by borner »

while I am thinking of it.... I just remembered another question [X(]

The AI opponent will sometimes move a costal art unit from Austrailia into PM, but I cannot seem to do this. [:@]  Has anyone else seen the computer do this and/or know how it is done?

rogueusmc

Post by rogueusmc »

ORIGINAL: borner

I am sure that I am missing something simple, but I have run into this in Multiple games. I will usually move several AA units into Port Morsby. However, for these moved units, the support always reads "0". I have even moved MacArthur's whole command there in one game just to see what would happen. Can someone please explain 1) Why this happens? and 2) will the until still fire with a zero support level?
What is the support level at the base?...and is it red, yellow or green?
There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

rogueusmc

Post by rogueusmc »

ORIGINAL: borner

while I am thinking of it.... I just remembered another question [X(]

The AI opponent will sometimes move a costal art unit from Austrailia into PM, but I cannot seem to do this. [:@] Has anyone else seen the computer do this and/or know how it is done?

Load them on a ship and go...
There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

borner

Post by borner »

I am not playing that game any longer, so I do not have exact numbers. I know it was green, with about 150 excess support points though.[&:]
rogueusmc

Post by rogueusmc »

If the base's support level is green then you are covered.

Ike99

Post by Ike99 »

while I am thinking of it.... I just remembered another question

The AI opponent will sometimes move a costal art unit from Austrailia into PM, but I cannot seem to do this. Has anyone else seen the computer do this and/or know how it is done?

Hi borner, how are you doing?

I think I have your answers. I had the same confusion with support I think your having now. But first...

About moving that unit from Austraila to Port Moresby ...I`m thinking your trying to move one of the Austrailan ¨Northern Command¨ units into Port Moresby, these units cannot load onto ship or planes because they are not allowed to leave Austraila.

The support question....here is a picture....

Attachments
brian.jpg
brian.jpg (43.34 KiB) Viewed 296 times
¨If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.¨ Che Guevara

The more I know people, the more I like my dog.
rogueusmc

Post by rogueusmc »

Very good Ike...I forget it's not green in UV...been playing WitP too long.

borner

Post by borner »

Thank you IKE, you are correct, I was looking at the support for the unit  [X(]
YUP

Post by YUP »

I can move NC troops to PM

Return to “The War Room”