Looking for game

Post here to meet players for PBM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess
czerka01

Looking for game

Post by czerka01 »

I just recently dusted off my old copy of UV, haven't played PBEM in years but interested in a game. Have a slight preference to the Allies but can play as the Japanese, only really interested in scen17/19
wga8888

RE: Looking for game

Post by wga8888 »

I could be pursuaded. I bought the game in 2004 and a month ago started 3 games, I alwasy play Allies (Union, US, Russian, Entente) as an artificat from my local boardgame opponents always playing the initial attacker. I have 3 games going: scen 16, 3day/turn [opponnet just quit as frustrated by his LBA not attackign my CV TFs raiding his shipping in GC by 01Sep42; no strafing results of PM although I always have CAP flying]. Game 2 and 3 are scen 17, 1 day per turn but one is now 03Jun42 and the other still in around 10May [slow pace due to 77-8 hour time zone difference) . Both of these are experienced opponents. Player 1 and I are to move on to WITP-AE at some point but his frustration issues, if a game design flaw, are likely replicated in WITP. If a player tactic/settign issue, I would have to know exactly what he is doing by having access to the IJN side of gameto be abandoned. I would have to experiment and/or get his password access to test theories.

From the AAR, seems IJN will win decisively if Allies contest a CV confrontation early. 16, 17 and likely 19 are fine, I will have to see what scenario 19 is. Given that IJN CV plane groups are greatly superior to Allies, if 19 gives both sides much more shipping, the balance doesnt change. I am assuming the Allies merely have to survive to leverage from production advantages. However I would like to play a 'different' game than what I am playing now os 19 should be a good experiment. Although I appied different strategies in all three, cant tell which is better yet. My direct email is bill@wargameacademy.org. I am near Dallas Texas USA (-6 GMT)
Bill Thomson
wga8888@icloud.com
Discord: wga8888 #7339
817-501-2978 CST [-6 GMT]
wga8888

RE: Looking for game

Post by wga8888 »

With thought, I will play 19 as allies. From memory, it sounded like IJ gets all the toys with mission to capture Australia. I am not sure if the Allies are helped but would be a unique experience regardless of outcome. I will play to the end to establish a benchmark. I will keep an AAR log for future posting. I would like control of subs. I now have 3 scn 17s going, too early in all to learn much but turns only tank 15 min at most. I am using three different plans to evaluate what works. I can do at least one turn daily and several on the weekends that I dont have company/trips. Let me know either way as I will fill up my game discretionry time with something.

At some point I may play an WITP or AE game but think UCV is much more playable due to limited scope. One AI may equal the effort of 15 other games.
Bill Thomson
wga8888@icloud.com
Discord: wga8888 #7339
817-501-2978 CST [-6 GMT]

Return to “Opponents wanted”