The Wrath of Time

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderator: doomtrader

freeboy

RE: The Wrath of Time

Post by freeboy »

the East is a beast.. yo go and go and still there are thousands of miles of endless stepps.. fortanatley Moscow and Lonnengrad cannot be moved to Siberia.. I wonder how the untrained level two panzer korps will do that are rolling out now.. we stopped at 16 or 17, and around 45 mob inf and tank divs.. and the upkeep.. ouch... I need to stop building and attack soon... or I will not be able to feed the beast!~
Attacks will begin as soon as the rains stop and dry ground allows our mobil armies to reach out and touch the friendly nations of the Union of stalins puppets!
"Tanks forward"
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

My upkeep, and it will grow too! is over 250 pp per week... My net pp is a little over two hundred...
My foe has moved some fighters to SE England.. The borderlands in Poland now are getting crowded and the Romanian USSR border sees troops begin to assemble...This year my inf and air should increase in quality... and my tanks are set for a twelve month build up to level three in the research front...
I stop planning on ca and bb and cv and concentrte on short range hunter killer sub packs....
"Tanks forward"
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

A few of the inf divs will flip over to armored divs.. but the major builds right now will be short term inf builds for my follow up, as well as a few more fighters and bombers...
How many tanks do you need, besides I hate paying the upkeep on this stuff, like interests on a note you are not using... but after we launch I do not see any time of slowdown till london moscow and washington have all proclaimed the freedom of the European poeple from outside interferenece
"Tanks forward"
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

can you believe the lion of Britain removed his fighters !!! I looked and gone! Dernit! Well.. I cannot do sea urchin in the winter.. and Barbershop will launch in USSR soon.. I really like April for East dat, but know its tooo soon! The pre purchased armor is almost all out of training now...
"Tanks forward"
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

looks like my recon missed the fighters.. tough to attack them if I cannot see them!
must be the speccial paint event! lol
that does not exist fyi
"Tanks forward"
battlevonwar

Post by battlevonwar »

Those Fighters Saw your Luftwaffe ahead of time :: ran for the Hills ::
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

the game gets even stranger, after avoiding war.. even while attackingthe same baltic state, Secret agents from the US cause a diplomatic incedent and Germany event dow on USSR! weird stuff guys.. lucky for me I had most of my troops pre possitioned.. and its mud.. so that stinks
"Tanks forward"
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

well, good news, the red army collaps happened and an early warm front is dryingouthte mud, so we are off to the races..Riga and odessa.. soon Kiev Minsk Pskov.. I MUST attack as quickley and deep as possible before the red army failure stops.....
but I do have 16 ubk, 40 plus tank divs and multiple inf and mobile inf.. looks like fun
"Tanks forward"
battlevonwar

Post by battlevonwar »

April 1941: Unfortunately for the Red Army, this Disaster has hit hard and early... All front line positions compromised. 
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

Exceipt in Finland where he stayed strong and over ran Helsinki...Aide races north.. but where is my sea transport ? The failure to quickley aide the Finns is disturbing
"Tanks forward"
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

General mud strikes nd the armor moves slowly over most of the North... Kiev looks unprepaired... as does the don area... Its a tough choice allowing level one inf to absorbe enemy attacks and slow the enemy, me, in USSR and by time.. yet feeding their experience.. I do not know of any solution to the ubers..
"Tanks forward"
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

ITs very frustrating to lose this time to the mud slowdown with red army neutralized.. very very unhappy with the events not being in players control....that caused me to be at war pre maturely among other things
The mud has vertually stopped my progress.. instead of being well passed Kiev.. and nearing Rostov.. I am barely at Kiev.. etc.. darn mud!!!
Well.. My tanks push forward dispite the mud.. infing forward .. Minsk is reached... We push north from Riga... no idea wheer the thousands of red army toops are.. they are not near me... although I do see some armor in Finland..
"Tanks forward"
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

minsk falls.. butthe mud prevails.. units are sitting moving one or two hex now!
The red army showed some grit, landing multiple air landing troops behind the front lines in a vain, but brave effort to cut the rail links to the front...
Rear area troops are moved up to deal with the troops, multiple landings too! very impressive..
"Tanks forward"
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

The hope around the General staff is that in May we may see some real nice weather... and get a race on to the east...
So far only small detachments in cities are seen.. that will/must change soon.. our first reinforcemtns arive in Finland... we drive north from Riga and capture vital areas that also can host some of our air units to also hinder the USSRs attacks into Finland... I am suprised at this... those troops are seriously out of play once the mud leaves as my armor is nearing pskov whcih is only a few short moves form Lenn and the surrounding area... If Lenn is cut off these troops may be isolated.. their is a rail leading to the Northeast... one rail other than through Lenn....
In the South a few forces apper, but the Don has been pennitrated and many facilities that a few short days ago where helping the reds are now in our possesion... Still Rostov, and beyond are well out of reach due to Mr Mud

My expectations are a huge numbers of red armor and air units supporting Lenn, Moscow, Stallingrad and the South...
"Tanks forward"
battlevonwar

Post by battlevonwar »

The Mud War has begun, beneath the boots of the Invaders, nearly half a Million Red Soldiers so Far... Though in consequence the Valiant Effort of a Few, Has Saved the Many.
The Baltic Front:

The Inefficiency of the Southern Front Officer Corp is not felt. A unique Proud Officer Corp born of the Winter War has arisen. Experienced and determined they crunch the Finns at every point. Meanwhile, Mannerheim calls in German Reinforcements...

All other Portions of the Front, Disaster, Minsk, Leningrad the whole Don directly Threatened and poised to fall. Russian Units ominously missing(Stalin Calls a Board meeting to Reinstall some Cabinet Leaders)
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

I was shocked to see strong units in the north.. they must go.. Kiev falls.. minsk.. Pskov is saved by the mud... the relief over ground to the Finns is slow going...
I fear as I see level three tank Korps, and at 5-8 they pose a real threat if left to grow..
"Tanks forward"
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

I move my dreaded death star panzer armies forward... Kursk.. Smolensk Karkov..
Pskov.. when things dry out I a will avenge the fallen forces in Finnland.. the North awaits
I am wondering how much he has in Moscow....
Will breach Rostov soon... as the south is drying out fastest...
So... Savastapole is threatened.. Rostov...
We push north from Pskov... I begin the transfer of  air units to the North...
"Tanks forward"
battlevonwar

Post by battlevonwar »

April 1941:

As the Rains become to close(even a few snow pockets help avenge our fallen Comrades) The Panzers Grind forward an unthinkable speed, within couple hundred meters of the Capitol of the Soviets. Sevastopol is less a fortress and more a cakewalk(the effect of 0 strength corps and divisions is way too high. The Germans had issues for the first few months but many brave Russians held on in pockets... I could fight UberPanzerKorp will true Units, but with cannon fodder? Once thing has to give)

This is unheard of... You should see the AirBattles over Finland(A future Game I see made of this) antiquated Russian Fighters, duel with the Luftwaffe. The Red Star Shines brightly reigning down Bombs of the heads of Elite Panzer Korps. Also The Reds strike backing killing their first Panzer Division and a handful of junk divisions in the Finland. This is a moral victory, but not practical. The whole Front is put together like paper mache. If it continues at this point; there is nothing to dent the Panzers let alone stop them. The US and the UK have yet to open their second front. All rests in the hands of a few. The Effectiveness of the Red Army MUST rise or the Soviets are in a Hole in the ground...There will be no Great Offensive in Winter when the last Winter is Gone and the Scripts have given us this...

It's not even June of 1941, nearing 1 Million Red Fallen .. We Fight on .. undeterred .. we shall destroy the Axis Tiger .. Touche
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

The red army is valient, and has fought well, but really there is little hope.. the numbers just are wonki, I run across the rails spring up, my tanks are unsupported, why support them, they roll over anything in there way, only mud and well more mud has slowed the attacks aimed at Lenningrad... I approach Moscow Rostov fell with little effort.. Its on to attack Lenn, Stalling grad and Moscow... I come to the first red lines.. ... well to therear, yet summer has not even come yet and my forces are well supplied...
this is a very fun game...  I hope to be in London by jn 42
"Tanks forward"
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

and more of the same
any suggestions ofn balancing ?
"Tanks forward"

Return to “After Action Reports”