I can not open the game! Please help!

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: nomet

Laxen

RE: I can not open the game! Please help!

Post by Laxen »

I'm sorry to hear that :(

Ok, then try to set showvideos to false in the config file in the game folder (as Xerkis described above). If this works, the game should ignore to attempt to show the intro videos (if they are the issue).

If this doesn't work I'm back at square 1 at out end, and we'll have to ask Slitherine/Matrix to take a look at if its the installer that didn't work properly.
Rasmus Davidsson
Lead Designer at ZEAL Game Studio
sturmgeschutzeiii_MatrixForum

Post by sturmgeschutzeiii_MatrixForum »

And again nothing. The game not open from Game Menu tab or by Quick Start, the only that make is by Run As application on Quick start only, (and on Currently User option) to show the introductory videos of Zeal and Sitherine company's and that's all. Something that I observe is if in Run As application I not chose the "Protection of your PC from programs without pass" the do not saw me the introductory videos. I hope at last we will find a solution. Thank you all of you again for your help![:(]
Laxen

Post by Laxen »

At least then the videos are working, and that can be ruled out from possible issues.

I thank you for your patience, but without any logs it is really difficult to track down the issue.

Have you re-checked if you have any .log files in "C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\Team Assault\" now that you have gotten the videos to run?

It could still also be some kind of dependency issue. One user at the Slitherine forums got the game to start after having the latest Microsoft DotNET framework installed... if this is the issue, then the Force Builder wouldn't start either, but it could be worth checking out.
Rasmus Davidsson

No Laxen, nothing, the Team Assault file have inside the Teams file who continued to be a empty file. I reinstalled the Microsoft DotNET framework version 4 and updated up today and nothing, the same thing no lunch of game but the Force Builder work properly without any problem
Laxen

Post by Laxen »

Hm. Have you tried changing to fullscreen = false or lowering the display resolution in the config file? Maybe your screen doesn't support the default screen resolution.

And what language is your operating system using?
Rasmus Davidsson

No i do not make any change on resolution on my display. My resolution is 1280x1024 72Hz.I changed now after your advice but no any change. My system language is Windows XP SP 3 Greek.
Laxen

Post by Laxen »

Hm. Alright. It's come to my understanding that the game has had some issues starting up properly on computers using the Cyrillic and the Arabic alphabet - this might also be the issue for you then with the Greek alphabet. I did some research on being able to switch OS language in Win XP temporarily or for a single application, but I couldn't find an easy way to do it. I'll have to keep looking and asking around (OS:s really is not my area of expertise). But I thought I'd share with you what I suspect to be the reason as soon as I could.
Rasmus Davidsson

OK Laxen I will wait , I do not have any problem to switch the language of Windows from Greeks to English permanently, but I do not have any clue to make it I am very unfamiliar with software or ending programs, so if this is necessary you must explain me step by step.
Laxen

Post by Laxen »

Wow, you respond so fast :)

If you have the possibility, you could try to get the game running on another computer installed in Greek to see if it is actually causing any issues at all or if it has to do with something else.

Another thing that can be done is to download and run Dependency Walker (http://www.dependencywalker.com/). This is an application which is able to find .dll files etc that might be missing for the game to run. Just download, unzip into a folder anywhere on your computer and start the program. Select 'Open' and go to your Team Assault folder and run the Team Assault .exe file in it. This should display all "modules" required in a long list. Please copy all modules listed there that has yellow and red icons in front of them and list them here. I will then forward this info to our tech staff and let them evaluate which redistribution packages etc you might need to down load.

We're really sorry for all problems you have to go through to get the game running. I appreciate your patience very much.
Rasmus Davidsson

Hi Laxen
First of all thank you for continuing help, but really I want to play this game. I am an old Boardgame player, and with this game I remember my old days of Advance Squad Leader.
Now to my problem, I don't have the possibility to install the game in another PC, my second computer is a laptop and is not so good to support the requirements of the game.
I run the program and i send you a attachment.
EFSADU.DLL Error opening file.It is not possible to find file by the system(2).
IESHIMS.DLL Error opening file.It is not possible to find file by the system(2).
WER.DLL Error opening file.It is not possible to find file by the system(2).
I forget to said you that was contact me and they guys from Matrix/Sytherine and they start to resolve the issue. But until now no any chances
Attachments
Dependency..erTAexe.jpg
Dependency..erTAexe.jpg (197.61 KiB) Viewed 583 times
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Let's say that you have a war in two fronts. [;)]
But basically what Lexen said was what I've said in your support ticket. I too have suspected that the issue might be related with your Windows being in Greek. I've changed my regional settings to Greek (keyboard including) but wasn't able to reproduce your issue.
Laxen

Post by Laxen »

I am always glad to hear that people want to play my game, that's why I do everything I can to get the game running for you :)

I forwarded the missing modules to my tech guy and I'm now waiting to see what he has to say about them.

Matrix/Slitherine has contacted you? That's good. Please keep me updated on any progress made based on their support!

Edit: Oh hi VPaulus. How nice to see you around :)
Rasmus Davidsson
Laxen

Post by Laxen »

Ok, word from the programmers.

Seems as if the .dlls you are missing are all Internet Explorer 8 related. Have you possibly uninstalled IE8? Team Assault uses http protocols and it might be that those .dlls are required for that.

Try installing Microsoft IE8 if you don't have it (or an older version.. or in any case to make sure). Download found here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... aspx?id=43

If this doesn't solve it, I have no other ideas again other then the Greek XP installation messing things up.
Rasmus Davidsson
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

I've been following this thread since the beginning, and we've done a different couple of tests. We've try to establish if a third part program could be interfering. So we've ask sturmgeschutzeiii to terminate some processes. But we weren't successful so far. Maybe your tech guy, Laxen, care to take a look at which processes are being executed when sturmgeschutzeiii runs the game.
Attachments
System_Idle_Process.txt
(3.03 KiB) Downloaded 9 times

Hi Paulo, Hi Laxen
I think is more one front battle with a good allies in side of me. It's good for me to have and a Portugal guy to help me a Greek guy[:D]You know the south part of Europe
Now to my problem. Laxen my Windows Internet Explorer was the version 8. I uninstalled by Add/remove programs and I installed again from the site that you provided to me (unfortunate I don't have any older version of Internet Explorer). Then I run the Dependency Walker and the saw the same errors
EFSADU.DLL Error opening file.It is not possible to find file by the system(2).
IESHIMS.DLL Error opening file.It is not possible to find file by the system(2).
WER.DLL Error opening file.It is not possible to find file by the system(2).
And of course no any changes to run the game, about our progress with the Paulo in Matrix help site I think Paulo can you inform you more better
I try to install the Game in my Laptop but neither live me to try to installed
Thank you again both of you
Laxen

Post by Laxen »

North Europe here too ;)

Ok, thanks you for doing testing all solutions thoroughly. I forwarded that (re)installing IE8 didn't solve the dependency issue.

I've also forwarded the list of processes to see if any of these might be known to cause issues for TA or in general.
Rasmus Davidsson

Hi Laxen
Of course I know that North Europe is here, like always, we Greeks must request the help of North Europe [:D. I will wait for any solution.
Laxen

Post by Laxen »

Haha ok :D

Unfortunately, we do not recognize any of the listed processes to be causing issues when launching Team Assault :/
Rasmus Davidsson

I believe that this will be not a stalemate, I hope you can find a solution and I will play the game. This will be like a Christmas gift to me
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

I'm having a similar case with a different game. It's too earlier to reach any conclusions. But I'm beginning to think that the problem might be related with non 1252 codepage Windows.

Return to “Tech Support”