Battles

The creators of WW2: Time of Wrath move to the Pacific theater with Storm over the Pacific. Depicting the epic conflict between Japan and the United States, players choose from 26 available countries with historically accurate orders of battle including land, sea and air units and leaders. Concentrate on directing one country or command several to lead an alliance of nations. Engage in battle over the vast Pacific with 16 unit types modelled with an intuitive supply system and more.
Georgio

Battles

Post by Georgio »

Hello, could anyone help? I do not understand how to win battles. Example:

Guam, normal difficulty

There are 2 enemy adjacent infantry units (both have strenght 3.2). I make a complete encirclement. Now to the problem - I am able to take just 20-75% of their strenght (of either of the enemy units with same result) in 1 turn. I use an attack from multiple directions, but even with 5 attacking units at once (1 of them is Armoured Batallion) with total battle ration 4:1, there is no chance to get rid of them. At the end of my turn the enemy replenish all his loses and does no attack, so next turn are all his units at 100% status and I can do the same desperate process.

I am able to finish some single units on the map, but when there are 2 adjacent enemy units (so I cannot attack from 6 directions), then my attacks won't finish the enemy as he replenish all his losses. How can I get rid of more powerful units (like Armoured Bat.), when I am unable to win THIS???

Second problem is the ship bombardment. It is useless. 1 small result in 50 bombardment attemps. Am I missing something?

Return to “Storm over the Pacific”