Weapon (Gun) Stats Qs.

Please post here for questions and discussion about unit modeling and general game modding. You can also post your new units and modifications here.

Moderator: rickier65

Andy Brown

Weapon (Gun) Stats Qs.

Post by Andy Brown »

A couple of things I want to get clear in my head before I start fiddling with values.

What is the function of the 0m range band?

Am I right that the negative Base Accuracy Movement Modifiers apply to all targets including infantry? Other wargames tend to apply negative modifers for shooting at moving vehicles but positive ones for shooting at moving infantry (they're more vulnerable and easier to see).

(I do realise that Firepower is increased against moving infantry targets).

Thanks,

Andy

rickier65

RE: Weapon (Gun) Stats Qs.

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Andy Brown

What is the function of the 0m range band?

I'm not sure I understand the question.

Am I right that the negative Base Accuracy Movement Modifiers apply to all targets including infantry? Other wargames tend to apply negative modifers for shooting at moving vehicles but positive ones for shooting at moving infantry (they're more vulnerable and easier to see).

(I do realise that Firepower is increased against moving infantry targets).

Thanks,

Andy

I believe you are correct, also note that there are sighting modifiers that are also affected by target movement as well.

Perhaps Mobius will verify.

Thanks
rick
Andy Brown

Post by Andy Brown »

Infantry units have to hit and firepower numbers for Range 0m. I was wondering what these numbers are used for.

If it's some kind of close combat value, when does "close combat" occur?

Cheers,

Andy
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Infantry units have to hit and firepower numbers for Range 0m. I was wondering what these numbers are used for.

Cheers,

Andy

Close combat occurs at 25m if I recall. But as far as the 0m range band, maybe Mobius can shed some light.

Thanks
Rick
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

ORIGINAL: Rick
Cheers,
Andy

Close combat occurs at 25m if I recall. But as far as the 0m range band, maybe Mobius can shed some light.
There's no point to it that I can tell. In the miniatures game it is used for base to base (hand to hand) combat but that doesn't occur in PCO. Koios left it in to be consist I guess or maybe they had some plan to use it in the future.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
Andy Brown

Post by Andy Brown »

Thanks, Mobius. Nice to know.

Return to “Maps, Models and Mods”