Updated Public Beta Available v1.10

Get ready for Mark H. Walker's Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad. This is the first complete computer game in the Lock ‘n Load series, covering the battles in and around Stalingrad during World War II.
Moltke71

RE: New Public Beta Available 1.06

Post by Moltke71 »

I click on the link, go to members club, click on both the title and "Released" and I see 1.05 but not 1.o6.
Jim Cobb
Moltke71

Post by Moltke71 »

I repeat: 1.06 is not showing up in the Member's Club, just 1.05. What gives?![:o]
Jim Cobb
Tom Proudfoot

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

ORIGINAL: LO72
v1.06. Played a MP (Death Match), I started a move, message that other player considered op fire, then the game hanged, wait cursor at both screens, wait cursor removed when other player left game. Chat still functional.
We tried another scenario after that, no problems.

Do you know if the other player was looking at a prompt for his opfire or not? Thanks.

Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

ORIGINAL: Bismarck

I repeat: 1.06 is not showing up in the Member's Club, just 1.05. What gives?![:o]

Bis, it's under My Games, then Registered.
Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (33.53 KiB) Viewed 398 times
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
michaelincol

Post by michaelincol »

Bismark, confusion I shared was link to update says 1.05 but when you click on it and go to actual file being downloaded it is 1.06. Hope that helps.

Michael
Moltke71

Post by Moltke71 »

Finally got it! Thanks, guys.
Jim Cobb
LO72

Post by LO72 »

ORIGINAL: Tom Proudfoot

ORIGINAL: LO72
v1.06. Played a MP (Death Match), I started a move, message that other player considered op fire, then the game hanged, wait cursor at both screens, wait cursor removed when other player left game. Chat still functional.
We tried another scenario after that, no problems.

Do you know if the other player was looking at a prompt for his opfire or not? Thanks.

No, I do not know, maybe if he reads this he can answer.

As I remember it was the first opfire in that game.
In the second game (A Simple Task) there where a lot of opfire without any problems.
Gerry Edwards

RE: New Public Beta Available 1.07

Post by Gerry Edwards »

Hello everyone,

1.07 beta is available for download and testing. Let us know of any issues you may find.

Cheers,
Gerry
Those who came before pave the path of tomorrow.
Sanrepy

Post by Sanrepy »

Recently completed all 15 individual scenarios while being patched 1.6. Here's what I encountered so far that patch 1.07 doesn't seem to adress:

1. Nurse could spot.
2. Could lowcrawl into 2 MP hexes with shaken units even if the rules mention that if a unit must expend ALL its MPs to move one hex it cannot Low Crawl or Assault Move into the new hex.
3. Could not activate, in the same impulse, other units located in the same hex as a leader used as a spotter for mortar
4. Could not fire a weapon team in the same impulse as other units in the same hex
5. Had a few MG actively spot for my units when their attached squad was ops complete[:)]
6. Had a tank leader in a buttoned tank act as a spotter for a mortar
7. Was offered to choose between tank leader or tank when firing at a tank with a tank leader
8. Had a tank leader escape from a destroyed tank and go on to rally other units on the map
9. Could often buttoned and unbuttoned in the same move, allowing me to safely assault move up to an ennemy unit then unbutton to get the +1 for being open
10. Sniper bonus in effect against off-board artillery

Then, although not specifically limited by the rules, I had units in Melee trying to lay smoke or trying to spot. Seems strange.

Will now start the campaign.

Stéphane
Tom Proudfoot

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

Do you recall which scenario had the armor leader? Thanks.
z1812

Post by z1812 »

Is 1.06 official yet?
Sanrepy

Post by Sanrepy »

Hi Tom !

It was On the Outskirt, more specifically the SS tank leader
Tom Proudfoot

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

Now I'm confused, the SS Leader in that scenario, who comes on from the west edge, is a normal leader. Did you mean Brennand the German armor leader in the north of the map, or did you mistake Kerner for an armor leader? Thanks!
Sanrepy

Post by Sanrepy »

Oups, I might have confused that leader for a tank leader as it entered the map in the same hex as the tiger tank. Sorry about that. it was late [>:]
Sanrepy

Post by Sanrepy »

Some more:

1) When some units in a moving stack are shaken, the ones that are not can't go any further
2) When I AM a vehicle and then unload passengers, they have their movement rate cut in half twice, once for the AM and once for the unloading
3) Offboard artillery FFE markers (and mortar even) should degrade (and eventually block) LOS. This is not happening.
4) Had a shaken ennemy unit take control of a victory hex. This is not possible in the board game
Tom Proudfoot

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

1.08 is up now apparently.
fran52

Post by fran52 »

Before to apply the patch 1.08 i was convinced to be mantally handicapped,now to add polygons is very easy.
What i have not understood is if i must add polygons also on walls and edges and i'm not able to see the white polygon,nor i'm able to save as mpp.
So if i do F1(terrain)than F4(add poly)and save as map ,when i reload i loose all.
Great the decision to add the mud to the condition,could be also great also to add the snow condition.I don't know if in the original board game there are snow rules and which effect they have.Could be that is the same of mud?
Great also the change in the number of Heros generation!
Tom Proudfoot

Post by Tom Proudfoot »

There are no polygons for hexside terrain, those are always just the single line on the hex border for LOS. To make panels, save it normally as .map and then rename the file to .mpp in windows. And this has to be a single map panel. That should work, I tested it in 1.08 by fussing with the default map, saving it, renaming it to .mpp and loading it as a panel on some other maps.

But if you're making large multi-panel maps there's no reason not to just leave it as .map and delete all the units to reuse it.

The only snow rule I noted down while looking at the board game scenarios was Fresh Snow, changes Clear & Road to cost 2 MV for SMC/MMC. There might be some others hiding somewhere, of course - I looked through Day of Heroes, Blitzkrieg, Swift & Bold, and Not One Step Back.
laska2k8

Post by laska2k8 »

I can't run the game or editor, after applying the 1.08 the game crashes, it seems related to the LOS calculation (see my post in the tech support subforum)
"Sa vida pro sa Patria"
fran52

Post by fran52 »

Thank you Tom for the explanation.What i can say is the fact that now is very easy and clear to work with the polygons and ,with the new features(Mud -Heroes)we have more possibility to do interesting scenarios.
I do a large map but since is the attempt to reproduce a 2 ASL maps i must use all the 9 panels.This 9 panels,due to the different size of the ASL map compared with the HoS,are not reusable.Is only possible to reuse the map with Photoshop and produce new panels.There is one consideration that must be done;many ASL scenario exist in different version with different map.So the question is:is so important to reproduce the same size?If a scenario is played mainly in the central part of the map is also true that we can cut some cluster of hexagons[:)].

Return to “Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad”