German anti-tank units

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.
Pawlock

German anti-tank units

Post by Pawlock »

I dont seem to learn to quick here, but maybe passing on this tip may save a few red faces for other.

German Anti- tank are great for defence, but be very wary where you place them as anything bar perfect conditions renders them mostly immobile hence retreat becomes extremly difficult for these beasts.

Outta supply,thaw, interdiction, partially surrounded seems to make them very immobile. My tip here would be to place on or near a road hex with either clear or road hex behind you. Even then, a good opponent can spoil your fun.
Rob Gjessing

Post by Rob Gjessing »

Valuable lesson that one. Im playing a game with Duncan and I got checky and advance over a river.. it turned to mud and guess what.. a whole lot of my units are about to surrender.. they arent the sort of units I can do without either..
Isn't that bizarre?
BrubakerII

Post by BrubakerII »

Pawlock wrote: German Anti- tank are great for defence,
Am I missing something here Pawlock? DO you mean Russian anti-tank guns? The only dedicated german anti-tank units I have is a Luftwaffe one that is released when things go haywire. :confused:
[8D] SSG Beta Tester [8D]
Ozie

Post by Ozie »

I think he is talking about Ferdinand units which are great defender but sluggish in movement.
Rob Gjessing

Post by Rob Gjessing »

The old multi purpose 88's.. what no aircraft around? Dont worry point them horizontally..
Isn't that bizarre?
Pawlock

Post by Pawlock »

BrubakerII wrote:Am I missing something here Pawlock? DO you mean Russian anti-tank guns? The only dedicated german anti-tank units I have is a Luftwaffe one that is released when things go haywire. :confused:

There are a few German Anti-tank units in the KP scenarios, either 2 or 3 step units that normally offer 2-3 anti shock value. Maybe you havent noticed them, I say this because they normally get lost pretty quick once the germans start the retreat.
Pawlock

Post by Pawlock »

Ozie wrote:I think he is talking about Ferdinand units which are great defender but sluggish in movement.
No, definatly not the Ferdinands or the stugs. There are definatly german arkos and anti tank units in KP scenarios.

Return to “The War Room”