Is it possible this game will run in Windows98se? Pretty plaese?

This forum is for official support and troubleshooting FAQs.
Lonny007

Is it possible this game will run in Windows98se? Pretty plaese?

Post by Lonny007 »

I have a older p3 1.4 computer with Windows 98SE and latest directX 9C drivers. Is it possible this game will run on Windows 98SE? Anyone been able to do it?
Nividia or ATI cards I have. So far I would say its impossible to run in Windows 98SE, it installs fine though, but game has blank screen. The same exact system with Geforce 2 in Windows xp plays the game fine.

If you know the answer is no, please please tell me so I can save myself some time and move on.

I still have many questions about the editor, I posted some on the main CAW forum. Just have not had the time to sit and write more to ask. Does not look like anyone has the answers to the ones I posted, bummer.

My 5 US Carriers versus 6 Japanese Carriers in the open pacific no land bases, 5 Task groups but the Japanese has 2 carriers in one Task Group for surprise is playing out beautifully. Both sides have a Task Group witch include 2 Super Battle ships, each Carrier Task Group includes 1 Battleship. Each Task Group has 8 ships in it. Each side has a convoy Task Group, Plenty of subs all over map with random patrol, subs can hit you hard when you least expect it, during testing I have seen 2 carriers sunk by subs. Always random never plays out the same, I did Random AI for both sides. You can actually watch the computer play itself till the bitter end. Scoring works beautiful too. I am very happy how it turned out, the random patrol that lets me use the whole map worked out great! I will upload or send to anyone that wants to try it out.

Thanks!

Return to “Carriers at War Support”