Great game Deves

Carriers At War is Strategic Studies Group famed simulation of Fleet Carrier Air and Naval Operations in the Pacific from 1941 - 1945.

Moderators: Gregor_SSG, alexs

saber255

Great game Deves

Post by saber255 »

Really In joying this game I just found .Just wondering if there will be an updated verion with a campainge
AP514

RE: Great game Deves

Post by AP514 »

this was updated and resold...(SAME GAME)..this game is DEAD DEAD DEAD( Ian Trout died a few years back).....I think I have the original came out around 1984...The biggest Flaw I could remember was when you sent out search planes as soon as the enemy shot it down you could see the missing area in the Fan pattern (wish they had a delay that said Search plane X did not come back from patrol or has not reported back in from X hours do you want to send another plane out). So you knew exactly where the enemy was...I wish they updated this game but it was just repackaged and the update was for larger screens..No real AI or any thing like that.....Too bad it was a great effort they was left to Die like a lot of games.

saber255

Post by saber255 »

No don't say they gave up on this game.Its a forgotten jewel .maybe someone can remake it. so sad to here that;-(
I was looking for any mods for it but could not find any .Maybe Matrix will come out with there version of the game
(cross fingers).But I do have a question for you if you don't mind.when I send out my strike planes and try to keep
a cap above my carrier at the same time does the cap automatically go with the strike or will they stay above my carrier
I can't seem to understand that. it does not show where they are .thank you
ab067

Post by ab067 »

There are several versions/packages of the game from SSG.

There is the original CAW, the Construction CAW Kit, CAW2, Complete CAW which all run very well in dosbox and then the Matrix version with great graphics.

The CCAW package has a huge bunch of user made scenarios, some of which have and can be added to the Matrix version with some modifications.

If you look up the Run5 archives there is a lot of information on the game in SSG magazine archives.

The only dead games I have are the ones that I never load up and play.😉

So Panzer General (dos), CFS2, Civil War Generals 2, CMBB and CAW (all versions) are very much alive .... for me.
ab067

Post by ab067 »

Return to “Carriers At War”