Update version (Patch_GTOS_mar13d1_2013-eng, CU may 2013 order interface questions

Achtung Panzer:Operation Star is an Eastern Front wargame with solid graphics and sprawling battlefields that really emphasize the scope of WWII tank combat. The gameplay is a remarkably realistic turn-based and real-time operational/tactical hybrid wargame that continues the series begun by the acclaimed Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943.
spillblood

Update version (Patch_GTOS_mar13d1_2013-eng, CU may 2013 order interface questions

Post by spillblood »

I've updated my Matrix Games version of the game to the newest version listed on this page:
http://www.graviteam.ua/help/download-patches.html
I've a question about movement control: I've noticed that the system of giving orders has changed, in the unpatched version I could give orders by right-clicking and could change the heading of my units in the same turn, orders could be defined by activating additional buttons, now it seems to be a bit more complicated, but more like in Combat Mission. I couldn't figure out if I must click to a part of the map and then select the order or if I must select the order, then define the destination on the map, it's a bit confusing and harder to control than in the older version.
Often I got messages that said "Order partially executed". What does that mean?
Another difference: Infantry seems to move a lot faster now. In the previous version you had to use time compression a lot more often.
Is there some way to turn off this right-click popup menu?
Dane49

RE: Update version (Patch_GTOS_mar13d1_2013-eng, CU may 2013 order interface questions

Post by Dane49 »

Select the unit or draw a box around a group of units give the order then then select where to go.The new orders system now works on command points which is displayed by a bar at the top of the screen letting you know how many orders can be given at any certain time(You can turn this off in the options menu).

Partially executed orders means not all units will carry out your orders immediately until your command bar has enough points on it.The point bar refreshes every so often and you can also adjust how quickly it refreshes in the options menu also.
spillblood

RE: Update version (Patch_GTOS_mar13d1_2013-eng, CU may 2013 order interface questions

Post by spillblood »

Thanks for the answer. Had no idea about this because there was no update of the documentation during the patches. Graviteam really need to improve their documentation system if they want greater success in the West.
EDIT: But when I clicked the order in the menu (that opens on Right-Click) it immediately showed some fullfillment icon (expanding circle) on the map, I wasn't able to select the destination first. Do I need to select units, right-click, point to the destination and then confirm? Really need to try it again.
One more thing about the most recent update: What's the optional "Polygon update" listed on the Graviteam page? Does it increase Poly count?
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

Select the unit/units,press the space bar select the order(move,defense,attack etc...)then select where you want them to go.

You can modify your movement orders with different formation settings in the right hand corner of your screen.
You can also give all your movement orders from there.The curved arrow is for movement,select that and above it and to the left are modifiers for formation settings such as column,line Vee etc... and also three buttons above those for dispersion(3 little guys that are further apart from each other for each button.You also have defense and assault buttons there.
spillblood

Post by spillblood »

Thanks!
EDIT: Applying the poly update gives me a text window with question marks. Do I need addons/DLCs installed to make it work (or to define it a bit better, is it only for a version of the game with DLCs as opposed to the standard but updated Matrix Games main game)?

Attachments
2013-08-01..reenshot.jpg
2013-08-01..reenshot.jpg (4.96 KiB) Viewed 511 times
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

NO,
The polygon only applies to the two maps in the core game.(Taranovka and Rakitnoe)
Make sure you downloaded the english version(eng) not Russian(rus)district update.

And make sure your district update is above the game update on your updater.
PirateJock

Post by PirateJock »

Hi spillblood

I had the same problem with the download from Graviteam site (apos_upd_tar_rak_mar13_eng.gt2extension); I've just downloaded the same file from Gamersgate - it's a zip file - and it works fine.

Cheers
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
flashburn

Post by flashburn »

Yes... redownlaod the polygon. It was borked it seems. [:(] And yes........Gravi needs a western face to provide documentation and proper English (AT LEAST)for game. They also need a good publisher that believes in them too. With a modest PR budget. LOL

Return to “Achtung Panzer Operation Star”