Breaking the Deadlock - Changes?

The newest game by Ageod, set during The Great War.

Moderator: Pocus

Megalomatrix

Breaking the Deadlock - Changes?

Post by Megalomatrix »

Have recently fallen in love with AGEOD after playing RUS Gold. Am definitely on board for TEAW during this weekend's sale, and I'm considering throwing Breaking the Deadlock in for good measure...

I know that the grand map is not changed and that the expansion focuses on the scenarios, but somewhere in a review I read that there are enhancements to the main game. Does BTD include any enhancements that aren't added to the main game via patches?

Thanks.
ashandresash

RE: Breaking the Deadlock - Changes?

Post by ashandresash »

Not really, Breaking the Deadlock is an scenarios pack, adding 4 new battlescenarios (sort of medium campaigns) in Serbia, Rumania, the Italian-Austrian front and the Middle East. It also allows you to jump into the whole war in its climax, in a 1916 campaign.

Ageod follows a policy which is not maybe the best for sales but quite rewarding for consumers IMHO, that is giving all the improvements to their games via free patches instead of expansions. Of course there's a few exceptions: the 'Gold' editions of Rise of Prussia and Revolution Under Siege.
Megalomatrix

Post by Megalomatrix »

Thanks!

It's good of AGEOD to put the updates into the core games, and I feel that each scenario is pretty close to some games in its own right. I will definitely get the DLC at some point, but maybe after playing some of the core TEAW first. Again, thanks.
ncc1701e

Post by ncc1701e »

Is there any plan to combine the game and its DLC in an unique bundle like what was done for Rise of Prussia?

Thanks
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

Return to “To End All Wars Series”