New player q's

Post tips and discuss strategies and tactics here.
chuck

New player q's

Post by chuck »

Hi there,

Been having a look at the Clash of Titans scenario for a few evenings and still trying to work out what's going on.

One thing that puzzles me is how some land units in the big stacks at Bataan and Manila have adequate support and others don't. One thing that's not at all clear to me is how you fix it--or even if you can.

Seems to me that airpower is practically useless despite the amount of management it requires. I've had the Japanese put a few fish into BBs here and there, but you have to pretty unlucky and mostly CVs seem to be Large Slow Targets that explode nicely when hit and make lots of VPs. Any know how best to use them? They don't like attacking transports and can't sink anything else...

Is there any way to make the USN more proficient at night fighting? Their gunnery is shockingly bad.

How do I maintain allied minefields? I did what it said in the manual, created a mine warfare TF with Retirement and set it to lay mines in Manila, but still the total goes down.

Is there an Agressiveness sort in Leader selection? It seems to be the only property that matters from what I've seen in the forum, and it's a big time waster trying to find the highest one by eyeball.

Chuck

Nothing kills like overkill...
Helpless

RE: New player q's

Post by Helpless »

ORIGINAL: chuck

One thing that puzzles me is how some land units in the big stacks at Bataan and Manila have adequate support and others don't. One thing that's not at all clear to me is how you fix it--or even if you can.

If LCU has disabled support units, put more supplies and they should repair over the time. Otherwise put more HQ or support-full LCU - they share support with other units

Seems to me that airpower is practically useless despite the amount of management it requires. I've had the Japanese put a few fish into BBs here and there, but you have to pretty unlucky and mostly CVs seem to be Large Slow Targets that explode nicely when hit and make lots of VPs. Any know how best to use them? They don't like attacking transports and can't sink anything else...

welcome to WPO [;)]

Is there any way to make the USN more proficient at night fighting? Their gunnery is shockingly bad.

Their exp should increase with more action. But in general night exp is much lower for both Jap and Allies

How do I maintain allied minefields? I did what it said in the manual, created a mine warfare TF with Retirement and set it to lay mines in Manila, but still the total goes down.

You need level 9 port to replentish minelayers (No MLE in WITP). Mines do dissolve over the time

Is there an Agressiveness sort in Leader selection? It seems to be the only property that matters from what I've seen in the forum, and it's a big time waster trying to find the highest one by eyeball.

No. The workaround is to extract leader info with external utility and then search in excel. I'm using witpload - http://mathubert.free.fr/witp_files/witpload.zip

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
chuck

Post by chuck »

And another thing--there doesn't seem to be any routine convoy system, so how the X+#$ do I get more supplies and fuel to Manila??? I'm down to 6000 and have no idea when or whether more turns up on this little map...
Nothing kills like overkill...
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

ORIGINAL: chuck

And another thing--there doesn't seem to be any routine convoy system, so how the X+#$ do I get more supplies and fuel to Manila??? I'm down to 6000 and have no idea when or whether more turns up on this little map...

It is better not to use convoy system even in full map scenarios. [;)]

There is a daily supply genereation in some cuertain places (don't recall them for your scenario). If you sort on supplies/fuel in PI just bring it by cargo TF from the place you have them plenty.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development

Return to “The War Room”