Unable to directly connect via IP

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWar

Baneblade

Unable to directly connect via IP

Post by Baneblade »

Hey you all,

Been playing SoWG in multiplayer for a while with friends in multiplayer via the direct IP connection without any problems. Had some more people buy and play the game in my community recently which is great as I wanted to build a bigger German player base for the game anyway. The problem is now, one of these players is unable to join other players via a direct IP connection, getting a "could not connect to server" error every time. There is one exception to this, he is able to join one particular player who, according to his own statement has no idea about port forwarding/opening and has thus not changed anything in his particular settings. We have tried opening/forwarding the standard 31791 port on multiple occasions as this was recommended by a bunch of players on the GCM Mod discord but to no avail. Just wondering if anyone has an idea as to how to fix this issue and if someone would be willing to share this information with us tech noobs. It would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading my post and have a good day!

PS another player that joined us recently gets a "Logistic File mismatch" error message when attempting to join a match, anyone know what that is all about?
RebBugler

RE: Unable to directly connect via IP

Post by RebBugler »

Maybe this post will help:
https://www.norbsoftdev.net/index.php/k ... ming#80053

Regarding the logistics issue, a logistics file used by the player with said issue is conflicting with the host's setup, probably via a mod. To avoid file issues, all players should enable only mods enabled by the host. The host should test all mods they use beforehand by playing a single player MP game. Once the mod or mods prove MP friendly, they can then be distributed to the MP group for group play.
Designer - Scourge of War
Baneblade

Post by Baneblade »

Hey RebBugler, much obliged for the response.

Sorry that I am reacting so slowly to this, was away from home for a while. We have tried these steps with little success sadly. We have attempted the usage of VPN´s and Private networking systems, however again with little success. Any other advice you might have on the matter?
RebBugler

Post by RebBugler »

Beyond that link I posted that's all I know. However, you could check out the Kriegsspiel forum. They play the Waterloo SOW game via MP so it's the same as the SOWGB MP setup. Maybe someone on that forum can help your group get going.
Designer - Scourge of War
Baneblade

Post by Baneblade »

Thank you RepBugler, I appreciate the advice. Will head over there and see if they can help me out. Have a good day and stay safe[:)]

Return to “Tech Support”