Corps composition.

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.

Moderators: Joel Billings, PyleDriver

silber

Corps composition.

Post by silber »

I've found things go much easier now that I don't put HA into my corps, and only give artillery to CCs whose Art rating is at most one worse than their Infantry rating.
paullus99

RE: Corps composition.

Post by paullus99 »

I believe HA also puts a heavy hit on movement points, as they are basically designed for defense/heavy fortifications (plus they can't retreat, so you lose them if you lose the battle).

Besides the Islands (and a couple of areas around the major Confed ports) is there any other reason the Union should be building Heavy Artillery?
Never Underestimate the Power of a Small Tactical Nuclear Weapon...
herwin

Post by herwin »

ORIGINAL: paullus99

I believe HA also puts a heavy hit on movement points, as they are basically designed for defense/heavy fortifications (plus they can't retreat, so you lose them if you lose the battle).

Besides the Islands (and a couple of areas around the major Confed ports) is there any other reason the Union should be building Heavy Artillery?

Why build them on the islands? I just use them to close rivers.
Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com
Sluggonics

Post by Sluggonics »

I've been playing through my first full-scale campaign as the Union. To concentrate on the leader/combat/strategic elements, I left Production control to the computer, which, while it seems to keep me well-supplied, also builds WAY too much Heavy Artillery. I find it really just starts to stack up.

Return to “The War Room”