One bug, one suggestion on the new patch

Post ALL Public Beta feedback here!

Moderators: Gil R., ericbabe

Sabotteur

One bug, one suggestion on the new patch

Post by Sabotteur »

Having downloaded the patch on the guidance of Gil and folks, I've found it to be a nice upgrade. The computer AI in detailed combat is getting to be a better tactician which is a nice change.

A bug I have found though, and I've seen it twice, is a request from a govenor during the End of Turn Events phase, requesting a building, but then during the next player turn, the request does not show up in the govenor's menu or when you click on the production window within a city zone. I haven't paid that much attention to see if failing to meet the request has any adverse affect. I don't think it does, and I haven't seen them show up again at the end of the next turn.

A suggestion, when you surround a split brigade, there is no indication that it surrendors. It just dissappears. It would be nice to have something indicating that you have at least capture X amount of troops from X brigade. Right now, after the AI moves, you just see a blank hex where something use to be. When I first started playing the patch I thought that surrender was bugged, til I realized that I was just capturing half a brigade, which was why I didn't see any thing listed at the end of the battle report for a surrendered unit. I would also like to see an indicator when you do capture a brigade listing the number of prisonors you captured.

Just my two cents.

Still a great game!
MarcelJV

RE: One bug, one suggestion on the new patch

Post by MarcelJV »

I have also seen the same bug on Govenors request and then it not being visible in the city list when filtering by Govenor requests.

I also think I found another bug.  Playing as Union in the The Coming Fury july 1861 scenario (not balanced economy) I do not ever get battle experience research.  I see that CSA gets it in the battle reports but the Union never does.  I believe I have the difficulty setting on Sergent Major.

I do like the improvents to detailed combat (supply is now visible and I no longer have to right click to see how much a unit has) when moving a supply unit.  The AI is getting better but still moves individual brigades away to often leaving other units isolated and allowing me to flank them on both sides.

ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

With the governors, I think it's just that the request has gone away -- there's a small chance that requests go away at the end of every turn.  I suppose we could add more messages for this to make this a bit more clear.  It's also strange that a request that starts in one turn can also end in that turn.  I'll see whether I can move the going-away part of the code before the instantiation bit.

I'll check to see whether I can easily add a message for the split halves of brigades surrendering.
Sabotteur

Post by Sabotteur »

Thanks Eric.

MarcelJV

Post by MarcelJV »

ORIGINAL: MarcelJV

I have also seen the same bug on Govenors request and then it not being visible in the city list when filtering by Govenor requests.

I also think I found another bug.  Playing as Union in the The Coming Fury july 1861 scenario (not balanced economy) I do not ever get battle experience research.  I see that CSA gets it in the battle reports but the Union never does.  I believe I have the difficulty setting on Sergent Major.

I do like the improvents to detailed combat (supply is now visible and I no longer have to right click to see how much a unit has) when moving a supply unit.  The AI is getting better but still moves individual brigades away to often leaving other units isolated and allowing me to flank them on both sides.

Never Mind battle experience suddenly has started to show up after a really big battle.

Return to “Public Beta Feedback”