Vista Compatible? Display Problems, D3DRM.dll is missing

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.
Motomouse

Post by Motomouse »

Vista 32 reports D3DRM.dll is missing and the game display is not shown correctly, I am not able to play yet.
Upgraded drivers for Nvidia GT 8800 and read readme to no effect yet.

Regards
Motomouse

P.S. Followed the advice in corresponding For Liberty Forum
Run as administrator, change display resolution, turn off "Visuelle Designs" and "Desktopgestaltung" to no avail
Ceterum censeo pantherae ludi impensus vendere
Motomouse

RE: This is Not Vista Compatible! Display Problems, D3DRM.dll is missing

Post by Motomouse »

Double checked on my old XP installation, definitly have to play this one with XP. If you only have Vista available I would recommand that you check 1848 Demo or For Liberty Demo in advance before you buy this one. I really like Hussar Games Products and hope they will improve Vista Compatibility for their next product (looking forward to their deal for a english language version of there recent project)
Motomouse

Post by Motomouse »

It is now quite playable for me in vista as well with these actions:

1. Download d3drm.dll from this site and put it in the windows/system32 directory
http://www.slitherine.com/downloads/gates_of_troy

2. Choose 8 fps animation speed in the game option dialog

3. Log in as administrator, adjust desktop resolution to 1280x1024 if you prefer this game resolution, turn off aero 3d desktop, turn off font smothing and other effects (with these settings in place I am able to play the tactical battles as well and reach nearly xp performance)

(I further turned off scaling for my 1650x1080 widescreen, installed new nvidia 8800 geforce drivers and tuned 3d driver settings for napoleon.exe for optimal performance)

Regards and Have fun with Napoleon in Italy
Motomouse

Return to “Napoleon in Italy Support”