fun?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.
philturco

fun?

Post by philturco »

I know,I know its an opinion kinda question but is this game fun to play with multi (2 or more) byPBEM. I bought it because I wanted to try something out of what I've been playing which is WWII. I'm looking for something akin to Grisbys World at War or Commander at war...that is grand strategic with both economic and military aspects.Something thats involved and requires careful planning and developing a strategy that depends on what your enemy is doing.Before I invest the time to learn the rules I'd like to hear from those who have played it.I've noted that there is not much activity on the forum which bothers me.It could be due to few like the game(bad) or few know the game and its being overlooked.
Joram

RE: fun?

Post by Joram »

Fun?  In a word, Yes.  Comparable to GGWAW or CEAW, yes and no.  I wouldn't really consider either of those having an economic side other than monitoring production points.  There is both an economic element which is more involved as well as military element in the game.  There is even diplomacy which isn't really in either game you mentioned.  I guess I could just suggest reading some of the old AARs.  Yes they are old because the game has been out awhile.  Personally I enjoy the tactical element of the game the most though that's optional if that's not for you.  You can also wait until CoG:EE comes out.  Gil has posted some screenshots to whet your appetite.

Return to “The War Room”