Crisis on the Danube AAR vs Coalition AI

Post reports to share your greatest victories and most devastating defeats here.
Rasputitsa

RE: Crisis on the Danube AAR vs Coalition AI

Post by Rasputitsa »

Thanks for a very interesting scenario, congratulations on your victory. [:)]

"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

ORIGINAL: Rasputitsa

Thanks for a very interesting scenario, congratulations on your victory. [:)]

Was it ever in doubt!?

Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

Probably not, but house rules help with balance, and 'parking' some French corps, not using them, adds more challenge against the AI.
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
zgrant

Post by zgrant »

ORIGINAL: Rasputitsa
ORIGINAL: gwgardner
One thing that surprises me is that the Guard, which are supposedly attached to Napoleon, did not follow him as he moved towards St Polten. I never detached them. They stayed in Vienna a second turn after Napoleon left, also. I didin't give them orders, thinking they would follow him.
The way I have always thought of this is that when units are attached to the Army Commander, then as I am the Army Commander these units will move where I tell them and stay put until I give an order. I am not saying this is right, it's just how I visualised the game.

Units attached to corps commanders are given orders by the commander to meet the objectives given to the corps. When attached to me, I should give orders as a corps commander would do.

I am down there on the map with my boys. [;)]
This is how I've always understood it as well. Attached units don't move with the Army Commander unless you give them orders to move, or attack, or fallback, or whatever.
zgrant

Post by zgrant »

What a great AAR! Thank you for sharing this with us.

I see you've started another AAR from the perspective of the Austrians, with reports only. I'm looking forward to seeing how that plays out.

Return to “After Action Reports”