New BoA Patch 1.13d

Birth of America is an American Revolutionary War/French and Indian War grand strategy title based on a simultaneous monthly turn style of play.

Moderator: MOD_BoA/AGEOD

decaro

New BoA Patch 1.13d

Post by decaro »

Has anyone else tried the new 1.13d for BoA?
Here are the changes I found after playing only several turns of the Rev War scenario:

- new features that track the progress of BoA's loading
- new icons (representing 3 supply ea) for districts/towns when applying the supply filter
- leaders injured in battle will be locked-down recovering from wounds for several turns
- some militia units will train by themselves w/o a training officer (!)

I barely scratched the surface of playing w/these changes, and I will be curious to see what happens in the French and Indian Wars scenarios.

Has anyone else tried the new patch?
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
WallysWorld

RE: New BoA Patch 1.13d

Post by WallysWorld »

I've downloaded the patch, but haven't installed it yet because I'm in the middle of a French and Indian War PBEM and we don't want to make the switch during the PBEM game.

But the changes seem really interesting including the militia units training themselves. I then assume a Training Officer will then increase the rate of training.
decaro

Post by decaro »

ORIGINAL: WallysWorld

... But the changes seem really interesting including the militia units training themselves. I then assume a Training Officer will then increase the rate of training.

It doesn't seem so, but I watched a training oficer inside a town under seige still train troops, which isn't supposed to happen.

I'm playing the Americans in the 1776 scenario -- which begins after the failure by Arnold to take Quebec -- and I've got Brit troops all over New England; normally this scenario is easier for the American side, but not any more.

However, I have a lot more playing to do w/the new version before I come to a conclusion; BTW, wise move not to interupt your PBEM game midstream.
decaro

Post by decaro »

ORIGINAL: Joe D.

... - some militia units will train by themselves w/o a training officer (!)

This seems to be a repeatable glitch in the '76 scenario; the 4th Connecticut militia in New London manages to change one company into infantry w/o any officers at all. Although this "glitch" is reproducable, I've never seen it happen w/any other unit.

A training officer, i.e. Washington, will turn 1 company of militia directly into trained infantry, but will turn infantry into trained infantry before touching the militia units.

Like I said, I have a lot of playing to do w/this new patch. Has anyone else experimented w/this patch, or is everyone playing AACW?
Venator

Post by Venator »

I'v e played the '56 campaign using it and have started a '75 one. Training does seem to happen quite easily but to be honest I'm not sure if its a fresh bug or working as intended. An improvement on not working at all though...
decaro

Post by decaro »

I play at normal setting, extended processing time w/no additional bonus to the AI, but I have noticed that as the Americans vs. the Brits and vice versa, AI units seem to be tougher/stronger than under 1.12a.

Again, too soon to tell, but BoA has gotten very challenging, again!

Return to “Birth of America”