movement white mountain hex side

A sub-forum for players new to WIF, containing information on how to get started and become an experienced player.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Gratch1111

movement white mountain hex side

Post by Gratch1111 »

So Gre has a unit in 70/48 and 71/48. Italy has units in 70/47 and 70/49. Between 70/48 and 71/48 is a white hex side that I understood as unpassable, however I just discovered that Gre can move that unit over that white hex side into 71/48. Am I missing something or is it just supply that can pass but units can, If so it makes no sense that you can move a unit over a white white hex side but not supply
Courtenay

RE: movement white mountain hex side

Post by Courtenay »

The Greek unit that can make that move is a mountain unit. Mountain units can move across white hexsides. No other land units can. A mountain unit can't trace supply across white hexsides, which often makes it unwise to cross, but they can cross.

The Italian mountain unit can do the same across one white hexside on the French border. It won't be able to attack (no supply), but it might put a French unit out of supply.
I thought I knew how to play this game....
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

That's impassable ...

... except for mountain troops and I believe GRE has one in the initial setup when at war. Supply doesnt cross.

Edit: Courtenay was faster and more complete!
Gratch1111

Post by Gratch1111 »

Ok, get it
Orm

Post by Orm »

I would like to add that a MTN is allowed to attack across a Alpine Hexside. Albeit it is halved in strength when doing so. If it meets all other requirements to allow the attack, of course.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

A government is a body of people; usually, notably, ungoverned.

Return to “WIF School”