'43 US carriers

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Courtenay

'43 US carriers

Post by Courtenay »

An absurd number of US carriers hit the force pool in '43. Does anyone ever build any of these? They won't arrive until S/O '44, and then will have to spend a turn getting to the front, so they are only in action for five turns at most. Land based air built in '43 is in action for over a year longer, so I go with that. Am I missing something here? (I am assuming one is not using the Extended Game Length optional rule.)
I thought I knew how to play this game....
paulderynck

Re: '43 US carriers

Post by paulderynck »

You can have them ready to go in Pearl the same turn they arrive. Take a naval, sail them to Pearl and re-org with Nimitz and a few of those 3-3 TRS's (even 3-2s you shouldn't have scrapped). Depending on their range and captured major ports, maybe they'll be even further west. Actually by this point in the game the US is taking a Super-Combined every turn.
Paul
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

Yes, you can do that, and Nimitz is sitting in Pear in my game. But do you build any of them?
I thought I knew how to play this game....
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

I do, By then USA can easily spare that production, and Japan still has a possibility to dispute the seas if they have been careful wise and/or lucky. These CVs break any possible equality.
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

Courtenay wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:06 am Yes, you can do that, and Nimitz is sitting in Pear in my game. But do you build any of them?
I build all of them.
Paul

Return to “The War Room”