Burma/India : No Ric please

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

grisouille_slith

Burma/India : No Ric please

Post by grisouille_slith »

Hi all
My question is it possible and judicious to defend Burma at the end of May 1942 for the allies?
The situation: 28th May (Scen 1)
Ric stopped at Moulmein.
Singapore, Bataan and the whole of Java are still allied.
Bataan will fall in the next few days (the Japanese have mobilized the 2nd, 48th divisions + 1 regiment of the 56th and 16th).
I think Singapore can hold out for another 2 or 3 weeks (Japanese forces: Imp, 5th, 18th, 33rd and soon 38th divisions).
I know the 21st is in Balikpapan, the 4th in Port Moresby.
One regiment of 30th and one of 55th in Sumatra
No info on the other Japanese divisions.
I think KB is in Truk
On my side: In Rangoon I have the reinforced BFF bde (111 AV, Exp: 45), Burmese Div returning from India after also being reinforced (373 AV, EXP: 48).
In Mandalay: the full 7th armored bde.
In calcutta: 17 Ind div (302 AV; Exp: 49), 5th Chinese corps (925 AV, EXP 45 with full arti), 6th Chinese corps (403 AV, EXp 42). 3rd hus regiment with Valentine, 43 cav regiment with stuart1.
In capetown : 6 Aus Div and 1 brigade of the 40th div US which can move immediately, 41st US div which I could buy within 10 days. 2 other brigades from the 40th div but that I should also buy.
In Burma, I currently have 80K of supply, China 240K.
I can bring some quickly from Capetown I think 100K...
In capetown CV Entreprise, Lexington + the 3 British + Prince of Wales, Repulse, 3R class BB, 5 US CA, 4 British/Aust CA, 3 CL, 19 DD, 86 Xap. 1,5 M Supply, 250K Fuel
So I'm wondering whether I should move all these forces from Calcutta and Capetown to Burma before Singapore falls....
Thanks for your help
btd64

Re: Burma/India : No Ric please

Post by btd64 »

I'm not an expert on the Japanese side, I have played alittle, But he is real behind. I have come to the conclusion that Burma is not defendable against a determined japanese player in the beginning of the war. Where you are at now it's becoming a spring board for operations into Indochine and Burma. I would move some troops to India and some to burma and plan on attacking in the beginning of the fall 42....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

Put a substantial force in Port Blair to protect your LOC.

I'd give it a bash, but using those forces results in them not being in the SWPA.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
Amata

Post by Amata »

btd64 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:58 pm I'm not an expert on the Japanese side, I have played alittle, But he is real behind. I have come to the conclusion that Burma is not defendable against a determined japanese player in the beginning of the war. Where you are at now it's becoming a spring board for operations into Indochine and Burma. I would move some troops to India and some to burma and plan on attacking in the beginning of the fall 42....GP
Your vital study emphasizes the difficulty of defending Burma against a determined Japanese opponent in historical war simulations. Your recommended troop movements and offensive tactics show a strong understanding of game mechanics. Good luck with your future endeavors!नरेगा ग्राम पंचायत list

Return to “The War Room”