Another "Genius : grand battery" question

Victory and Glory: Napoleon is a game of grand strategy and fast-play tactical battles where you take the role of Napoleon Bonaparte and attempt to dominate the entire continent of Europe.
Admiral Delabroglio

Another "Genius : grand battery" question

Post by Admiral Delabroglio »

Hello

Using the "Genius" card with the Grand battery option, I do not recall ever seeing the IA getting the initiative after the free artillery round. Is it intended, or is it an oversight ?

I did not check with the "Voltigeurs" option, it might be the same.

Still enjoying the game. A much underrated little gem according to me.
Admiral Delabroglio
mercenarius

Re: Another "Genius : grand battery" question

Post by mercenarius »

I will have to look at that. Off the top of my head, I don't necessarily see why Napoleon should always get the first initiative after using this option. I'll report back after I get a chance to look at the program logic.
James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC
mercenarius

Re: Another "Genius : grand battery" question

Post by mercenarius »

Well, you are correct. After finishing the attacks "required" by the Grand Battery option, the French player always receives the first initiative. Same thing for the "Voltigeurs" option.

It's been a while since I programmed the battle logic, and I don't remember having a specific rationale for this program behavior. I don't think it hurts the game and so I don't think that this is anything that needs to be changed.

Good observation, though!
James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC

Return to “Victory and Glory: Napoleon”