AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.
crispy131313

RE: AAR - Fall Weiss II - BPINisBACK vs crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

July 26, 1945

A look at overall loses below.

Attachments
summary54.1.jpg
summary54.1.jpg (163.75 KiB) Viewed 1462 times
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

August 9, 1945

Attachments
summary56.0.jpg
summary56.0.jpg (361.82 KiB) Viewed 1462 times
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

September 6, 1945

Attachments
summary57.0.jpg
summary57.0.jpg (243.04 KiB) Viewed 1462 times
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

September 6, 1945

Attachments
summary57.1.jpg
summary57.1.jpg (288.06 KiB) Viewed 1462 times
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

September 6, 1945

We finally approach the end.

Attachments
summary57.2.jpg
summary57.2.jpg (102.34 KiB) Viewed 1462 times
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

September 20, 1945

Attachments
F1.0.jpg
F1.0.jpg (247.87 KiB) Viewed 1462 times
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

September 20, 1945

Attachments
F1.1.jpg
F1.1.jpg (288.16 KiB) Viewed 1462 times
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

September 20, 1945

Attachments
f1.1a.jpg
f1.1a.jpg (101.78 KiB) Viewed 1462 times
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

September 20, 1945

Attachments
f1.2.jpg
f1.2.jpg (224.63 KiB) Viewed 1462 times
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

Below are some graphs taken on the final turn.

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (667.93 KiB) Viewed 1462 times
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

BPINisBACK

Post by BPINisBACK »

Axis point of view

Well, congratulations for Crispy1313. He was very patient and "sturdy". His victory is 100% fair!

I will try to resume my point of view briefly:

1. General considerations

This was my first game with this MOD and my second full game againts a Human.

I must to say that i "never" thought i had a chance to win the game, but i tried to get a stalemate.

Since the beginning of the game i felt that i was behind the schedule.

I tried to follow my "main" way of playing, which is to conquer Argelia, attack London and then, go for the Soviets.

I had several problems with that:

1) Delay on conquering París.
2) Delay on conquering Argel.
3) Bigggg delay on getting Spain as axis active country.
4) "Fiasco" on SeaLion attempt (Stukas are not as effective as in Vanilla game in the beggining of the game).
5) US enter at war soooo early (which wreck my Sealion operation).

Other minor problems was:

1) Subs war was quite innefective once the allied fought seriously.
2) Income was less than expected (less than vanilla) to build a enought army to attack Russia (i mean: i want to attack bit a bit, but my army was weaker than expected).

Theaters of war (resume)

EUROPE

At the beginning, Allies were suscessfull at delaying my advance thought France (mainly).

Later, once Algeria was conquered i tried to make a Sealion attempt but, as i said, stukas were not as effective as vanilla game and, of course, Crispy defend very well England. But i think that if US had to wait 2 more turns, i could get London on time (maybe i will be out of UK anyway but i wanted to get Spain at all cost).

At least i think i was succesfull to bleed out the British for a long time (and a little bit for US).

In fact, i think that if allies would have been bolder in late 1943 war would be finished before. My western forces were always "poor". Once that they landed (before than i expected) i had any choice. But, i must to say, that they advance were quite "slowly" if we consider the german army in France... Maybe Crispy could tell us the reason.

I looked for Spain for these reasons:

1) More income (but it was not enough).
2) Gibralta (big suscessful).
3) Portugal.
4) Spanish army (wich, at the end, was useful "only" to garrison Spain and Morocco, big suscess here).

ATLANTIC WAR

I didn't play a good sub war (as Crispy said). Yeah, i made some damage in british economy during a few months but my subs were destroyed as soon as Allies fought them.

For some time i could raid from Portuguese and Spanis islands but it was over soon.

AFRICA

Africa was never a big deal in my strategy.

Firstly because Desert Rats was very suscessfully kicking the ass of Italians and then i was always on defence.

Then, because as my income was low i could't make a good investment on troops to try to recover the place.

At the end, my purpose there was that British loss as many MPP as possible (to delay Overlord in Europe).

The british movement on Tunisia was good but as i decided to use my lasts airplanes from Sicily, at the end, it was "useless".

Against, i think that if allies went over Italy, war will be finished earlier. From late 1942, Italy was exhausted (that the reason because i used my lasts airplanes in Mediterranean Area to support the "life" of Italy). From that time Italy was garrisoned for German units in their main places. Curiosly, after some time Italy get recovered and in late 1944 it could have a "big army". But, morale was tooooo low... ;)

GREECE & TURKEY

I couldn't spend many chits on Diplomacy so as soon as i saw that Turkey will be allied i had to put some of my best troops to try to conquer it.

At the end it was a good campaing for me. I get some MPP, experience and "morale" (for me, not for the game) to face the disasters in other areas. If the campaing were a bit more agile it would have been a big suscess but...

Greece was not as good as Turkey (it was later in the game and allies had learnt too). But it give some "push" to the Italians and more experience for German.

In fact i couldn't allow an invasion from that areas... so i had to fight there at all cost.

RUSSIA

As i said i had neither income enought and time to build a good army. In fact, i think that it has been the weakest army that i ever had to attack Russia.

At the begining i was surprise because Stalin moved back their forces (not i all places, but in many of them). So i could get some "land".

Time after, but very slowly, i could "build" a good line were i was quite "at ease". Of course, time was againts me. But in that time i had better incomes and i was getting experience and i thought that Overlord will be later.

But, then, Turkey became Allied and some time after... Overlord was coming.

I had to decide what to do... and my decision was to move almost all my planes to Turkey and Tunnis (some others to Morocco) and try to face the soviets with land troops. I were "suscessfull" for a time but the reds were soooo large that they could encircle my troops and kill them slowly (especially in the south).

I had to say that i am happy with "my" performance in the east if i consider my army there.

Finland was hopeless and i only tried that Stalin put as many troops there as possible.

I was a dreamer and i tought that i could hold the line around Warsaw... but it didn't work (the southen front was going very bad for me) and, at the end... East front collapsed.

AT THE END

I was looking for winter. I had the hope to resist until 1946 (just for my happines) but it couldn't be.

As i say Crispy was very patient (maybe too patient in some times of places) but this property give him the victory as he didn't made any big mistake... as i did sometimes.

I am very happy to play this MOD and to play Crispy. It was a very much excited and amusing times...

I ONLY LOOK FOR REVENGE WITH 8.3 MOD VERSION!!!

Thanks for the game, mate!
Biker1984

Post by Biker1984 »

Very nice AAR to read and beautiful pictures. A very nice mod that Crispy1313 made.
I will have a look at it myself as well. I think the congratulations are too you as well BPINisBACK, while crispy1313 has won the war, in a lot of games when the Axis manage to survive past July 1945, this would count as a minor Axis victory.
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

First a big thanks to BPINisBACK for a great and interesting game! I hope for a future rematch!

Allied Point of View

General Overview

Having been my first full PBEM match in SC3 I was admittedly very cautious, as my opponent has noted. I had noticed the Axis were behind plan in some aspects so I was able to play a game of attrition to wear my opponent down.

France

The French were able to hold out in Algeria much longer then I had anticipated and also tie up valuable Axis resources into the spring of 1941. 2 German Panzer Corps even continued Westward afterwards to remove some UK Divisions from around Casablanca, I felt this significantly put the Axis behind on other fronts.

Sealion

The risky Axis invasion was one of the most critical operations of the war. After a decisive victory in the English Channel, Germany came very close to breaking down the British defensive positions around London, but once the Americans arrived I felt more confident that the Germans could be repelled. All Allied MPP at the time were forced into the defense of London, there were barely any MPP to reinforce the British in North Africa and none for research. Many of the British units that were produced during this time (Division sized) were less useful later in the war. Overall while Sealion was not a success for Germany, it did wipe out nearly a year of production/research advancement.

USSR

Besides the late DOW which allowed the Soviets to build up a very good defensive force, the biggest surprise and what I believe hindered the Axis the most was that the Axis (including Germany) had infantry weapons level I for the invasion. This allowed the Soviets to hold their ground easily then they should have. The smaller Axis invasion force then expected also led to many opportunities to encircle, or threaten encirclement, which would lead to my opponent being forced into retreat.

Overlord

In early 1944 the Allied invasion of occupied France appeared to be dominant, but in reality it was quite a weak invasion force. Sealion had taken it's toll on the Western Allies, the American air force was very weak, there was almost no research conducted for a year as well as a severe lack of Tanks and 0 Medium Bombers to support the invasion. There were times I extended all of my forward forces into Axis range only to create the illusion that we were strong. To be honest, a well planned German counter offensive in mid 1944 could have pushed the Allies back into the Sea. Attacking with smoke and mirrors in 1944 made for a very slow advance.

Mediterranean

Spain joining the Axis was a very big pain, the Gibraltar effect made advancing into Tripoli very difficult, and the additional military equipment afforded to Spain (via events) made for a formidable regional opponent. Many Allied units would become bogged down in Spain/Algeria/Tunisia. A very well played theatre of war by my opponent.

Italy

The Gibraltar effect was very strong in that it made planning any amphibious invasion of Italy from North Africa very hard to plan. Combined with Spanish resistance in Algeria, any plan for Mediterranean dominance was thwarted. Looking back there would be other ways to plan this attack but that is how hindsight works.

Looking Forward

Having finally played a PBEM match I see that Germany needed a minor boost to income, and some additional other bumps and they have received some changes in the newest version but nothing over the top.

I hope everyone enjoyed!

Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

BPINisBACK

Post by BPINisBACK »

ORIGINAL: Biker1984

Very nice AAR to read and beautiful pictures. A very nice mod that Crispy1313 made.
I will have a look at it myself as well. I think the congratulations are too you as well BPINisBACK, while crispy1313 has won the war, in a lot of games when the Axis manage to survive past July 1945, this would count as a minor Axis victory.

Hello,
Yes, i agree that my axis got a kind of "minor Axis victory" but i feel that i was "close" to survive more time with just a few (more?) luck...
But, this is life!! :)
Greetings,
wie201

Post by wie201 »

Very interesting read! Loved it. Rematch?
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

Thanks very much for the AAR both of you, it's been great to follow and very entertaining.

The screenshots have been excellent too, and I hope you both enjoyed it as much as we enjoyed viewing it! [:)]
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

ORIGINAL: wie201

Very interesting read! Loved it. Rematch?

Thanks glad you enjoyed.

There is talks of a rematch [8D]
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

nnason

Post by nnason »

This is the best AAR report on the Forum. Congrats!
Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

ORIGINAL: nnason

Thanks I appreciate that!

It's been great to find a worthy opponent who has beaten me at my own mod! (I never claim to be a good player [8D])
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

BPINisBACK

Post by BPINisBACK »

ORIGINAL: crispy131313

ORIGINAL: nnason

Thanks I appreciate that!

It's been great to find a worthy opponent who has beaten me at my own mod! (I never claim to be a good player [8D])

[X(][X(][X(][X(]

Return to “After Action Reports”