Looking for a game

LordNytram

Looking for a game

Post by LordNytram »

Hi,

I've played against the computer (and a human twice a couple of years ago). Looking to start one of the ELO games and I don't care if I take Axis or Allied. Just not quite sure what ELO means beyond taking the 1939 scenario and the results get recorded and ranked.

Do we have a fixed ending earlier than the software forces?

Is there anything allowed by the game software that is banned?

I should be able to do a turn a day usually except over Christmas. I'm UK based.

Regards
Martyn
dave123

Re: Looking for a game

Post by dave123 »

Hello. I do not know what ELO is either. I'm available. I only play allied (sorry). I consider myself average; I don't do ladders or tournaments as I would get destroyed.

If you would like a game, PM me. Also let me know if you want house rules as I tend to upset people by doing non-historical things like dropping paratroopers in Romania to make them surrender if the Germans aren't careful.

If you want a game with no house rules, just start one and PM me the password.

thanx,
dave
LordNytram

Post by LordNytram »

thanks for the offer dave123 and I may take you up on that but I'm still looking for an ELO opponent to find out how the rankings and competitions work even though I expect to get smashed.
taffjones

Post by taffjones »

Hi I am willing to play you in a ELO game, I have been unwell for a while and wasn't able to concentrate enough to play an ELO game so I am a little bit rusty.

If you want to pick a side and host the game, you can either PM me the password or post it here.

taffjones (Mike)
petedalby

Post by petedalby »

Hope you've got something organised Martyn.

The standard ELO rules are:

1. No diplo on Majors.
2. No diplo on Bulgaria
3. No DOW USSR until 1941.

Other house rules are by agreement. Common ones include:

No experience farming - this is a tactic that allows units to gain experience by attacking things that can't damage them.
No early DoW on Japan. The Allies can seriously wreck the Japanese by selective DoW on neutrals.
No Italian naval units out of the Med until Italy is in the war. This is to stop the Italians from scouting for the Germans.

Once you have a game agreed - post it here: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... start=1480

A quick look will show you the format.

I'd also recommend reviewing previous AARs to gain hints & tips. Those posted by Taifun are excellent. If you need any advice you know how to find me.

Good luck!
LordNytram

Post by LordNytram »

Thanks Pete, I think I've found a game, just waiting for it to be picked up.
Regards
Martyn
ElvisJJonesRambo

Post by ElvisJJonesRambo »

I'd add: no Diplo on DEI, Finland
You don't have to suffer from EJRDS
taffjones

Post by taffjones »

Hi Martin

I have replied to your PM but I can't see your challenge in the PBEM challenge's section to join the game.

Have you set them up yet?

Regards
Mike (taffJones)
petedalby

Post by petedalby »

He's
martyn1simpson
LordNytram

Post by LordNytram »

I have games setup for both taffjones and dave123 since 8th Dec. I'm under martyn1simpson which might be causing the problem.
taffjones

Post by taffjones »

Ok martin

I will join the game now, I was confused by the different name in the forum and in the challenges
taffjones

Post by taffjones »

Hi Martyn

I have tried to accept the challenge but it looks like the server is down at the moment.

I will try again later.

Mike

Return to “Multiplayer Sessions”