Unfortunate Son's counters

Unfortunate Son

Re: Unfortunate Son's counters

Post by Unfortunate Son »

jinkit621 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:02 pm Wow; Lovely, Lovely. It's beautiful! :o
Thanks jinkit621 :D
Unfortunate Son

The Regia Aeronautica have arrived!

Now I went ahead and added an Easter egg for our modding colleague Kirk23. Don't tell him what it might be, let's see if he can find it. Hehehehe 🤪🤫

Kirk23 I will give you a hint: To boldly go where no Facist has gone before. 😎
Attachments
Regia Aeronautica.jpg
Regia Aeronautica.jpg (600.32 KiB) Viewed 3090 times
HarrySmith

Post by HarrySmith »

They look great Unfortunate Son, yes we would all like to purchase the Starship 🤣
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

My old friend the Starship Enterprise, does James T know the Italians have now aquired it? I'm sure he will soon have his ship back with the help of Spock and Scotty, then he will get down to the serious business of fighting the Klingons hehehehehe! :D
Make it so!
OldCrowBalthazor

Post by OldCrowBalthazor »

These are great Ray!
I would have to say though you are missing an essential item on the Enterprise. :D
Attachments
ISS Enterprise. rz.jpg
ISS Enterprise. rz.jpg (20.21 KiB) Viewed 3016 times
My YouTube Channel: Balthazor's Strategic Arcana
https://www.youtube.com/c/BalthazorsStrategicArcana

SC-ACW Beta Tester
1904 Imperial Sunrise Tester
SC-WW1 Empires in Turmoil DLC Tester
Tester of various SC Mods
OldCrowBalthazor

Here's Episode 2 of a video series featuring Unfortunate Son's excellent counter mod project: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isKg7bvbXFk&t=117s
Attachments
Ep 2.jpg
Ep 2.jpg (249.93 KiB) Viewed 2888 times

SC-ACW Beta Tester
gkersh

Post by gkersh »

These are really Cool Unfortunate Son! This must have taken a humungous amount of work to complete. :shock: Which nations do you have left to finish?

I really love the shadows and attention to detail. I'll have to look at the YouTube videos to see what they look like in game.

Congratulations on all your hard work and good luck in finishing them. :)

Greg
Unfortunate Son

gkersh wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:00 pm These are really Cool Unfortunate Son! This must have taken a humungous amount of work to complete. :shock: Which nations do you have left to finish?

I really love the shadows and attention to detail. I'll have to look at the YouTube videos to see what they look like in game.

Congratulations on all your hard work and good luck in finishing them. :)

Greg
Thanks Greg

Please take a look at OCB's video and I will be posting more counters soon! So be on the look out for them. 👀
SilentHunter

Post by SilentHunter »

Hello brand new to this game and trying to figure out how to install these counters. I assume you download the attachments and place them somewhere but I have not been able to figure out where they go - anyone mind helping a newb understand how to use these? Thanks

Edit: I created the following folder and tried to place the attachments/.jpg files here and enable the mod but it did not appear to do anything.

C:\Users\SR\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - World at War\Mods\Bitmaps
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

SilentHunter wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:29 am Hello brand new to this game and trying to figure out how to install these counters. I assume you download the attachments and place them somewhere but I have not been able to figure out where they go - anyone mind helping a newb understand how to use these? Thanks

Edit: I created the following folder and tried to place the attachments/.jpg files here and enable the mod but it did not appear to do anything.

C:\Users\SR\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - World at War\Mods\Bitmaps
Hello

Hopefully this thread will help you get the mod up and running ok:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 9&t=333915

Looks like you just need a slight edit to the folder name!

Bill
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
OldCrowBalthazor

SilentHunter wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:29 am Hello brand new to this game and trying to figure out how to install these counters. I assume you download the attachments and place them somewhere but I have not been able to figure out where they go - anyone mind helping a newb understand how to use these? Thanks

Hi SilentHunter.
Ray (Unfortunate Son) is just wrapping up the Italians and is on to the French now.
He sent me some more images of the Italian land units and they are great.
It's a long labor of love this project is and we can't wait to see all the sets done. 😎

SC-ACW Beta Tester
SilentHunter

Post by SilentHunter »

Thank you for the reply Bill and OldCrowBalthazor. I agree these look great, when I started looking through the counter & map mods these really stood out from the others. I'm excited to see them in the game and will try the instructions Bill linked me to this week.
SilentHunter

Post by SilentHunter »

I guess I'm missing something here;

As a test I download and used Big WaW NATOs counter. This was straight forward because it had a main folder and just dropped in to the mods folder. But these counters, at least on this forum, are just .jpg images uploaded as an attachment and I can't download them so I just right click and save as. I have no "modfoldername" and if I create one then put the jpg images in the bitmap folder it does not appear to do anything after activating. I don't really understand how the jpg's could work so feel like I'm missing something.

1) Right click on the attachment and save as
2) download and place in this folder
3) Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - World at War\Mods\test\Bitmaps
4) Activate the test mod

Thanks
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

The file type used in game need to be .png files. I think you have been right clicking on the example images to download them?

I think the crucial thing is that Unfortunate Son's counter set aren't finished and released yet, so the examples shown won't work in game without a lot of sorting out work. I must admit I didn't realise this the other day when you first asked.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
SilentHunter

Post by SilentHunter »

BillRunacre wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:57 pm The file type used in game need to be .png files. I think you have been right clicking on the example images to download them?

I think the crucial thing is that Unfortunate Son's counter set aren't finished and released yet, so the examples shown won't work in game without a lot of sorting out work. I must admit I didn't realise this the other day when you first asked.
You are correct Bill, thanks for the additional info I will wait until this is complete or I've spent more time with the game and the mods to understand the how-to's further. Much appreciated
Unfortunate Son

SilentHunter wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:58 am Thank you for the reply Bill and OldCrowBalthazor. I agree these look great, when I started looking through the counter & map mods these really stood out from the others. I'm excited to see them in the game and will try the instructions Bill linked me to this week.
Silent Hunter, Thanks for the complement on my counters. As Old Crow has stated these are a labor of love that I continue to work on in my spare time.

I have completed the balance of the Italian counters. Unfortunately due to the Italians inefficient industrial complex and the realization they were duped by IL Duce they will change sides at some point. So the land units do not change when upgraded

Countries completed thus far are: Germany, USSR, United Kingdom, Italy. Keep in mind I do have the USN & IJN completed. Also some of the vehicles I have already created for Lend Lease will be used for US this include M3-M5 halftracks (UK & USSR), *M1-155mm howitzer (UK), AA 40mm bofers (UK & USSR).
* I will create a SP version of the M1-155mm howitzer for US the M12-1555mm.
Attachments
Italy-Land-Images.jpg
Italy-Land-Images.jpg (596.25 KiB) Viewed 2463 times
Unfortunate Son

I forgot to mention which country I was going to work on next...

Also just want to mention I will complete a full set of counters for SC-WIE first. This will get the counters out there quicker for those who like to turn the tide in their games sooner rather than later. :D
Attachments
France_Armee-de-l-air.jpg
France_Armee-de-l-air.jpg (597.95 KiB) Viewed 2414 times
OldCrowBalthazor

Unfortunate Son wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:56 pm I forgot to mention which country I was going to work on next...

Also just want to mention I will complete a full set of counters for SC-WIE first. This will get the counters out there quicker for those who like to turn the tide in their games sooner rather than later. :D
More please! 🌝

SC-ACW Beta Tester
Unfortunate Son

I have completed the French and will now create the Polish counters then the US for a complete set for SC-WIE.
Attachments
French ground Images.jpg
French ground Images.jpg (681.92 KiB) Viewed 2180 times
France_8_Sept_39.png
France_8_Sept_39.png (4.73 MiB) Viewed 2180 times
France_Italy.png
France_Italy.png (4 MiB) Viewed 2180 times
France_Product.png
France_Product.png (3.59 MiB) Viewed 2180 times
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »