AAR: Planet generation Seth

Moderator: Vic

vendayn

AAR: Planet generation Seth

Post by vendayn »

This is an AAR of my experience of getting life on Seth. It is an ongoing mission that will only end with either finding life on seth or retiring my career of planet finder.

Day One (release day), 06/06/20: Spent 4 hours, time not counting breaks, trying to get Seth to have life. I will have my Arrakis!

Planet aimed for: Largest size, oldest world (older plants have better chance of life), earth atmosphere, around 1 gravity and 20-30 temp

Today I failed at finding life on Seth

Day Two:
I have since tried finding life on Seth again. Will I have better luck? Spent this time 5 hours to find life. I upped the temp requirements to 20-43 because in a side mission I discovered that Cerberus despite being filled with seas of magma and rivers of magma, that it supports COMPLEX life with skeletal structures. Surely Seth has a better chance of life if Cerberus can.

Today I again failed

Day Three:
I decided to take a break from finding Seth life yesterday, so this is actually entry 06/09/20. Today I spent three hours finding life on Seth. Same planet requirements as day two, but no luck

Day Four (today as of this journal entry): Spent 2 hours, no life on Seth

I am starting to become disappointed that the rumors of life on Seth may actually just be a leprechauns gold. But Seth with life or no go!

Hopefully tomorrow will go better.
vendayn

RE: AAR: Planet generation Seth

Post by vendayn »

Still day four. Another hour has been spent on finding the planet I consider the leprauchan of gold planets. This time I took advice in a hint to try uncharted (unknown) worlds. Sadly after charting out so many planets, this is a worse approach than finding seth with life. Every planet found was too young or if was right age for life had too little gravity.

I have since given up on uncharted worlds, and will again put my focus onto Seth. I will find that Seth with worms! I have been told others have found Seth planet with worms. Sadly, this is still beyond my reach.
vendayn

Post by vendayn »

After much looking, Seth just does not get alien life.

However thanks to a tip by Eddie, I looked more into uncharted worlds. And there it was! A desert world uncharted by any that held life :)

(actually doesn't take long at all to get life on a desert world, but gotta do uncharted)
GodwinW

Post by GodwinW »

Happy to see you somewhat got it done! :)

Return to “AAR”